Unable to sign in on wordpress

Hi cant access the wpmudev dashboard in my wordpress backend, it says Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "403 Forbidden" Please try again.
If this problem continues, please contact your host with this error message and ask:
"Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/wdp-un.php with a GET HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"

I have contacted the server hosts and say they cant deal with this, will this affect any plugins I download? Is they a way round it?

Kind Regards

• Ash

Hello @Mark

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

The Dashboard plugin is helpful to automatic update our plugins and themes directly from your dashboard. But you are good to go without dashboard plugin. BUT, this plugin is must needed if you use WP Smush Pro, Anti-Splog and Video tutorial plugin.

About the main issue, would you please confirm with your host if they have curl enabled? If looks like a curl or a security issue. They said they can't deal with it - does that mean they won't change any settings in your server if needed? Is it a shared hosting?

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.