Unable to update Plugins Theme and also unable to restore to previous snapshot of website

Hi,

I'm unable to update the plugins and Themes. And I'm trying to restore to a previous point using snapshot and unable to do it as well. Please advise.

Thanks!

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Eugene,

I need to take a closer look at what is going wrong on the site and try to find a solution to it. For this, I will need the WP & and FTP credentials to the site to take a closer look. As this is a public forum, you must send us your details through our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: “Attn: Prathamesh”

– WordPress Credentials ( Link/ Username/ Password)

– FTP credentials (host/username/password/path of site in question)

– link back to this thread for reference

Please update me in the thread here once you send the access. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Prathamesh Palve

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Eugene,

I hope you are doing great and thank you for giving me time to check this for you.

I went ahead and did the following:

1. Create a Once-Off Managed Backup.

2. Try and update two plugins on the site (which had an update available)

3. Increases maximum execution time to 600 from the wp-config.php file

3. Removing unwanted code relating to memory management from the php.ini & .htaccess files.

Things seem to be great as of now. Going ahead I checked the Snapshot log to which I see that the backup restoration did not succeed as there seem to be high spikes on the server.

As I have increased the max execution time, you can now try to restore the backup the regular process. If that does not work, could you please try to download the full-backup file and the snapshot-installer file from your Hub page here?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/my-websites/

Then try to create a new folder in your server, for example, domain.com/folder/, and upload the full backup zip file as well as the extracted snapshot-installer.php file in there.

Open your browser after doing so and navigate to domain.com/folder/snapshot-installer.php and the installation wizard should come up.

Please keep in mind that you will also need some database credentials, where the backed up data will be restored. Better creating a new one, just to test the restoration process, before trying to restore to the main site instead.

Let me know how that works. Also, feel free to reply in the thread here if you have any doubts or need any help further.

Regards,

Prathamesh

• Eugene
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

Thanks! All seems to be in fine order. However, I have one last issue.

I tried to install Woocommerce and i’m unable to install this

The following error crops up

Installation failed: Could not copy file. woocommerce/assets/js/blocks/featured-product.js

Would this be a related issue? Or do I have to set up another support ticket for this?

Thanks!

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hey Eugene,

We can address that here. I went ahead and tried installing the Woocommerce plugin and some other plugins too where I face this issue.

I tried uploading the WooCommerce plugin through FTP, and that worked after three attempts (Woocommerce is installed and activated now). But the issue still exists, and we need to check things deeper here as it seems like there is something quite wrong here. For this, I would need the hosting panel/ cPanel access. As this is a public forum, you must send us your details through our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: “Attn: Prathamesh”

– Hosting/Cpanel Access ( Link/ Username/ Password)

– link back to this thread for reference

Please update me in the thread here once you send the access. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Prathamesh Palve

• Eugene
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, I believe like you that it’s the issue of the hosting provider. I manage to convince them to a new hosting provider. However, I’ve been having difficulty doing the backups. Is there any ways I can do such that the backups won’t have any issue?

Please advise.

Thanks!

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Eugene,

About the managed backups or local snapshot backups, it should not be a problem if there is enough space, memory limit, maximum execution time & I/O memory (things seem to be great as of now).

I went ahead and made a new managed backup which succeeded, so I assume things are great as of now. Should you have any doubts or need any help regarding this, feel free to hit this thread here.

Regards,

Prathamesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.