Unable to update when WPMU Dashboard is active

I’ve had this problem with a couple of sites now. I am having to disable the WPMU Dashboard in order to update WP Core and other plugins or themes.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey jason_crawford, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior on my test sites right now (even with a default theme active, Twenty Fifteen, and only having our Dashboard plugin enabled), but would you have a site available that's still running into this issue?

If so, may I ask if you are able to update a 3rd party plugin on that site after switching to a theme like Twenty Fifteen, and only having our Dashboard plugin active? If you are, then I'd advise going through our troubleshooting flowchart, so that the culprit can be narrowed down further.

We've got it available over at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

Get Support from the Community

If doing that still results in 3rd party plugins not being able to be updated (along with the WordPress core), then could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)

– Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Contact Us

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

• jason_crawford
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Michael,

I’ll look through a few of my other sites and see if I’m having the same problem. I think that was the third site I’d seen it on, but didn’t think to report it until I had already upgraded. I’ll come back if I find something.

Jason

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.