Unable to Upgrade Marketpress - Causes errors when it does.

Hi, I have had ongoing issues now with Marketpress on 2 identical sites,
http://ultimatesportsmemorabilia.com.au is one that just had an issue where the cart just stopped working. (http://licensedsportsmemorabilia.com.au/ is ok right now)
When a product was added to the cart, we could not get past the page where shipping details were entered, upon clinking checkout it would redirect back to the same shipping page.

I'm running 2.9.6.2 marketpress because everytime I update to 3.0.x the site totally breaks down. I get php memory limit problems. Happen about 4 times over past 6 months.

This is a previous problem site/issue when I was developing the 2nd site with all the same products.https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/white-screen-marketpress-cart-and-checkout-pages (I abandoned thisand started over as the speed on the site is terrible)

I have since restored the marketpress plugin back a few days, firstly after the failed updated, and secondly after the errors started to happen, even though there did not seem to be any file changes when looking at the plugin files via ftp. And now its working again, so makes it hard for you to identify anything.

I'm at a bit of a loss here on what to do, it seems like it can break at anytime and for a site getting up to 10 sales a day this is disconcerting.

• Jude

Hey @info3874

Hope you are keeping great !
    When trying a full checkout on the site Im seeing broken permalinks and shortcodes displayed instead of the checkout page. Looks like some sort of conflict is happening here ... likely with the theme.

I see the site is live now, can I switch to a default theme and turn off any active plugins ? This is for the ultimatesportsmemorabilia.com.au site

Lemme know
    Jude

• Michael Bissett

Hey Karen, Michael here!

Before I started testing on ultimatesportsmemorabilia.com.au, I went ahead and did the following:

(a) Refreshed the permalink structure by going to:

Settings -> Permalinks

And saved the settings there.

(b) Saved the settings for these pages:

Products -> Store Settings -> General
    Products -> Store Settings -> Presentation

In case there was something up with the settings there.

Once that was done, I went ahead and tested with my sandbox credentials for PayPal, creating a test product to work with. I was able to go through all of the steps to purchase it, and was able to place the order.

Switching over to Live mode, and attempting to purchase your "Dane Swan" product, I was able to get to the PayPal payment screen, like you were able to earlier, so things seem to be working over there as well.

May I ask if there's a certain time of day where the cart doesn't want to work, where it keeps redirecting you back to the Shipping page?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Karen

Hi Michael, Thanks for checking it out, I can't tell you the time of day, all I know is I had an email at about 9pm Sydney time 21st March that my client has 3 calls during the day informing him of the problem.

He did have a similar complaint about a month ago, but upon my testing, I was able to get through to paypal so dismissed it. At the moment it is quiet for orders paid online, so could this be a contributing factor? our main football code starts up this week so things are likely to pick up. Peak times there can be 10 orders a day so it needs to be working 100% of the time.

Karen.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @info3874,

10 orders a day shouldn't be a problem, unless the hosting package this site is on is a very barebones setup, with little in the way of resources.

The fact that this happened a month ago as well does pique my interest, but this still leaves us with little to go on, I'm afraid. Would you happen to have any other details for me, like if there was an outage that might've taken place during that time?

There can be 10 orders a day, but I'm curious about site visits, if perhaps there was enough traffic to your site to cause a hiccup. Otherwise, we're kinda stuck here.

Please advise,
    Michael

• Karen

Hosting is not the issue, It's a great package that we are on, traffic has dipped a bit, but it is seasonal and orders dropped accordingly, but as mentioned before, just have to work out if the cart has had anything to do with that.

I can see in Analytics in the last 30 days, 155 visits to /store-2/checkout/ and 101 to /store/shopping-cart/shipping/ and I can see 35 online orders in that time.

definitely have some abandoning for whatever reason, was it because of errors and then it become too hard to purchase? There is a number of sales over the phone so this can account for some.

Karen

• Jude

Hey Karen

Can you please send in

Subject: "Attn: Jude "
    - WordPress super admin/ admin username + password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel details
    - phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )
    - link back to this thread for reference

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Id like to investigate closer.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.