Unable to upload Mp3 Media

Hi there! I am having trouble uploading mp3 files to the server after switching to https and changing hosts. This problem was not happening prior to changing hosts. I get this error: Http error. The files are about 50 mb. Please help!

Thanks.

• Nastia

Hello Meredith

Hope you're doing well!

The maximum upload file size on your site is set to 1GB. Please let me know, do you see the same error when uploading files with a smaller size?

Also, you are using a PHP version 5.3.29, please make sure to change it to at least PHP 5.6. WordPress recommends using PHP 7.0. If changing PHP version will not solve the issue please try the steps described bellow:

- If the above will not solve the issue, try to rename the .htaccess file to .htaccessold to make sure there are no rules that causing HTTP ERROR.

- Check if your tmp folder is full. If you don’t know how, ask your host to make sure it’s not overfull

- Deactivate all plugins and try to upload a file again. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Let me know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Meredith ,

Hope you're doing well!

The client is unable to upload the files but I can.

I see the upload_max_filesize is set to 64M, is the files are larger than 64M?

Would you please set it to 1gb? Replace the current line you have in php.ini with this one:

upload_max_filesize = 1000M

In case you changed the upload_max_filesize within the .htaccess file, please replace it with this line:

php_value upload_max_filesize 1000M

She also cannot change the horizontal scrolling bar. I can't figure out why she would be having this problem and not me.

Would you please provide more information about this? Is the scrolling bar is not working on the front page? Would you please ask your client to try it with a different browser?

Please let me know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello Meredith :slight_smile:

Did you tried uploading the same file she is trying to upload ? This can be a file specific due to some weird characters in its name, file size etc.

Also, please note that, you must have enough disk space for host these files on your site. You can check the quota and available space on disk in cPanel on left side if you have only one site hosted here or FTP accounts to see the usage and quota limits.

If all good here, then please check error_logs and see if you could find any entry related to this issue. If you are not sure then post the error log file here, make sure you rename error_logs to error_logs.txt otherwise it would not get attached to your reply.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.