Unable to view actual direcotry

I just purchased the directory plugin; however, I am unable to view it. I am using a static homepage and would like to create a page that contains the actual directory. How do I go about doing this???

• DavidM

Hi meliorajen,

You should at least be able to at least set a static homepage. Are you getting a completely blank page when doing so?

I'll take a look really quick and see what I can find as far as the directory listing being on a separate page, but if you could let me know regarding the homepage, that would help get that part sorted.

I should also mention, Directory is undergoing a bit of an overhaul at this point and we've got lots in store for it in the future, but we'll see if we can get it working more to your request here.

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM

Alright, after a bit of checking on the directory listing, really the only viable way to achieve that currently is with a bit of theme customization. The included Directory theme provides a great starting point for such customization and the included functions files in directory/themes/default/includes/functions can easily be used in another theme.

There's a bit of discussion on the matter with some great insight from Mason on how to customize the Directory theme in the following thread.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/customization-of-my-theme-to-work-with-directory-plugin

And basically, to get Directory to work more the way you'd like it to, you could simply create a copy of the theme as per Mason's instructions in that thread and then customize it as you like.

I'll be happy to answer any questions on that so feel free to let me know. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.