Undefined index: id in /home/sealisla/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpm

When running WordFence I get the following message
[Feb 01 10:29:39] Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/sealisla/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-site.php on line 2897 0

I have tried longing out and back in to WPMU but it does not clear

• Tim Neale
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This error happens when I run Wordfence - it is part of the output,

I have just seen a similar error on another site : http://theonlineactivist.org/

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/theonlin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-site.php on line 2897 Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/theonlin/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php on line 1104

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Tim Neale,

Is this notice showing up everywhere inside of your site's Dashboard? Or just a certain place?

Also, are both of these test sites of yours running PHP 5.2 by any chance? You can check this by going to:

WPMU DEV -> Support

And clicking on the "System Info" button there, the PHP version should be displayed on the page you're taken to.

If it is running PHP 5.2, then would it be possible to try upgrading to a higher version of PHP, like 5.3 for instance?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Tim Neale,

That's odd, I'm still not seeing that notice come up over on my own test Multisite (running PHP 5.3.26), but I would like to mention that we've released an update to our Dashboard plugin, could you try updating to version 4.0.7 please?

If you're not seeing the update notice right now, you'll want to go to:

WPMU DEV -> Manage

And click on the "Check again" link at the bottom, that'll do a refresh of the updates available, you should be able to update then.

If after updating, this still comes up, could you please send in the following for the theonlineactivist.org Multisite via our secure contact form, so that we can dig into this further on that site:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Tim Neale,

Okay, after digging into this further, this would turn out to be a bug, which I've reported to the developer.

In the meantime, I've applied a quick fix, changing line 3116 of:

/wpmudev-updates/includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-site.php

From this:

if ( is_array( $themepack ) && count( $themepack ) ) {

To this:

if ( is_array( $themepack ) && count( $themepack ) != 0 ) {

And am no longer seeing that notice come up on my end.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.