Undefined property error from SmartCrawl

Hi there :slight_smile: thanks in advance for any help. Notice an issue with uploading feature image to a new post. It would upload and then throw and error. I turned on debug mode and got a pile of stuff.

I have no idea if it is SmartCrawl that is throwing the error but this is what came up under the post title when creating a new post:
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_type in /home2/mksteingard/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-core/wds-core.php on line 421
>
Then I tried it again and got this:
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_status in /home2/mksteingard/public_html/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php on line 583

You can see from the image attached that there is a pile of warning.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Colin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site and checked its settings but wasn't able yet to identify the issue. That said, I'd like to ask you to

- double-check if there's still available storage space on your server
    - run a full plugin/theme conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

The conflict test should help us identify the main culprit here which I then should be able to investigate further.

It would be also great if you could add following line to your "wp-config.php" file:

define("WP_DEBUG_LOG", true);

and then try to upload a featured image serveral times. This should generate a "debug.log" file on your server in the "wp-content" folder. Could you share the content of that file with me here?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Collin

Hi Adam. Thanks for your reply and sorry for the........ Delay lol.
    I got to the bottom of my issue. Not sure how it happened but it did and I finally got is sorted. Thought I would detail it incase someone finds this and it theme. Keep in mind that I might not have all this right as it was kind of a learning curve lol. Also there might be some redundant info in here but there ya have it.

First, as far as I know it had nothing to do with any WPMU plugins.
    It was a database issue.

Using phpMyAdmin I found:
    In the table structure for wp_posts, the ID field somehow lost 2 key things
    1- set as Primary
    2- auto increment

This is what triggered my upload issue for images. It probably would have caused a issue creating posts to but I didn't check.

WHY
    Uploads are - as far as the database are concerned - a post. The ID field for every post is the unique identifier. So you could have 1000 posts all with the same title but their IDs would separate them. As the ID field was not set to primary in the wp_post table structure it had no way of knowing what field to use as the unique identifier. Also, it was not set to auto increment so it could not create the right ID for any new uploads by adding 1 to the last post ID.
    So, when it broke and an image was uploaded, the ID was set as 0. Not good lol. Upload didn't work even although the file it's self made it onto the server its info didn't make it into the database correctly.
    Resulting in a number of broken uploads in the wp_posts table with ID 0.

FIX
    A - Delete broken uploads in the wp_posts table with an ID of 0.
    - delete button in phpMyAdmin wasn't working. Not sure if that issue was related. My friend ran a sql query to get and delete all posts in the table with an ID of 0. Not sure what the query was.
    B - open up wp_posts table structure and click primary on the ID field
    C - still in the table structure, edit the ID field and check of auto increment
    D - test upload in WordPress

If it works take a coffee brake and do victory dance
    If not, that sucks :slight_frown: Sorry I don't know what up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.