Understanding Backups and Snapshot

Hi there. I'm deploying a new multisite network and came across your product. I'm trying to understand how backups/snapshots work. Is there a way I can save/restore one backup/snapshot per network site? Or do I have to work with a single backup for the entire network?
Thanks.

• Ash

Hello Raffael

There are actually two options in the snapshot plugin. Regular snapshot or managed backup.

In the regular snapshot, you can backup every subsite separately and can restore them in a single site or in a multisite.

If you want to take the backup the entire multisite, then the managed backup is the only option. Within the managed backup you can backup the entire single site or multisite and then restore it anytime later.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Leonidas

Hello there Raffael ,

I hope you're having a great day :slight_smile:

Is there a way I can save/restore one backup/snapshot per network site?

Like Ash said, this is possible with regular snapshots where you can configure which subsite to backup, at one place right before the backup form submission:

Or do I have to work with a single backup for the entire network?

You can make a backup of the whole network of sites, via the managed backups functionality, which can then be used for the restoration of the whole network.

There has also been some early, internal discussion of a potential enhancement of the regular snapshot functionality, where the user could take a backup of the whole network and then be able to have restores on a per-subsite basis. Would you be interested in something like that?

I hope we've made things a little more clear about the Snapshot plugin and you can reply to this thread for any additional info.

Best regards,
    Leonidas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.