Understanding filter priority for more and nextpage tags

I'm trying to understand the exact actions internally to WP of the more and nextpage tags. It seems they transform into a span tag of some kind, but I can't really tell where they're processed in the filter priority and exactly what code is interpreted by what for things like home page themes.

Have you ever seen a detailed explanation of how these things work at the coding level? Right now, they're completely munging my parsing routine and that's really frakin' annoying.

Thanks!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Have you ever seen a detailed explanation of how these things work at the coding level

Um, no? :slight_smile:

In the back of my mind, I;m thinking that they're sorted and run alphabetically but I wouldn't put money on that. I seem to recall having to rename a filter zzz-filter to get it to run last.

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

No, filters in general live in a global array, and each priority level is a node of the array.

I'm specifically curious about the filters used for processing the more and next tags.

To get a general filter to run last, you'd set a very high priority, say 9999. If there are other filters in the 9999 array, then those are run alphabetically.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.