Understanding post_type filtering in Recent Global Posts Widget

I finally had a chance to sit down and upgrade my RGPW plugin to version 2.1. This is the great update you guys did to allow it to filter custom post types.

I'm trying to figure it out though. I upgraded Post Indexer to support this, but when I look at the widget settings, the only option available under "Post Type" is posts. The documentation wasn't updated to reflect this new feature so I was wonder if someone could explain to me how it works. I've got at half a dozen, probably more, differrent post types flying around my website. The post_types column in my wp_posts table has four primary ones listed on the first page of results (in this instance they are all related to the BuddyPress Courseware plugin).

What will cause that Post Types dropdown in the widget configuration settings to populate with more post_types so I can filter them out?

I need a little bit of explanation of what is going on to see if I have proper problem. The posts_types seem properly defined, but I can't seem to filter them out because the widget only hast Posts displayed in the dropdown.

• Barry

upgraded Post Indexer to support this, but when I look at the widget settings, the only option available under "Post Type" is posts.

The options you get in the widget are created based on the data you have in the indexed information. It wasn't feasible to go through every site to get the list of all possible post_types, so it's set to give you the option of selecting the post_types that it is actually finding.

If you add a post with a specific post_type to one of your sites and it gets picked up by the post indexer plugin, then the drop down will update to reflect that extra post_type.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.