Understanding the Dummy Function

Hi there.

Is there some documentation on this plug -in.

There is only one of me and I supply different services.

I thought the dummy function was to create the ability for one provider (me) to provide different services and restrict the times those services could be booked (so you aren't trying to provide 2 services at the one time).

I don't understand the notes next to the options - they are too cryptic to be of use.

In one spot you have to decide if you want to have the dummy option...then when you try and create the dummy (click to add myself as provider, tick dummy and then select the service to go with me at that dummy provider)...the system will NOT save the list of service providers (all me, but with different services listed).

What am I doing wrong please?

Basically I want to have the following "service providers" (me and a list of dummy providers):
Karen (me) - Client meetings (I can be booked for that)- (free)
Recruiter (me) (dummy listing) - Candidate registration meeting - (free) - These can only be booked on Tuesdays so I want to create a dummy record that restricts the service booking to only Tuesdays.
Coach (me) (dummy listing)- Coaching sessions (and there will be different ones) - ([paid at different costs depending on the type of coaching eg individual, group etc)
CV Assessor (me) (dummy listing) - CV assessment - (paid service).
etc

Is that was Appointments+ can do?

Thanks.

• PC

Hey there Karen,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify that for you.

In one spot you have to decide if you want to have the dummy option...then when you try and create the dummy (click to add myself as provider, tick dummy and then select the service to go with me at that dummy provider)...the system will NOT save the list of service providers (all me, but with different services listed).

That is not how it works, you can not add yourself as a service provider twice.

You need to create a new user and then select that user and select Dummy.

That ways it will treat that user as your Dummy.

As per the FAQ

What does DUMMY service provider mean? How can I get use of it?

A Dummy service provider can be an imaginary or real user intended to enrich your business. It behaves exactly like a normal user, except that all emails are sent to a preselected real user from General settings tab. With this feature you can arrange your working schedules better and imitate several workers behaviour without losing the communication with the client. If you are combining several dummy providers into one real user, you can set service capacity to disallow more appointments than you can handle.

Can you kindly provide me a screenshot of how you have set it up at the moment so that I can have a look and suggest accordingly ?

Cheers, PC

• Karen

PC

Thanks but sorry - Just repeating what the FAQ says is not helping.
    It is that text that is not clear and it is why I do not understand what the feature is about!
    ...If you can't understand the feature you can't use it - it is useless.

What I think I should do is:

Create several FAKE people (Do I just make up names?) and then tick the Dummy box ONLY for them and they will all come to me as I have indicated on the general page that they are to be sent to me??????

1. Can I just use "Recruiter" or "Coach" as the new (dummy) users?
    2. Do they all have to have the first and last name filled in?
    3. What do I do about email addresses? (I only have a limited number of them) - you have to have those to create new users?

It really isn't clear - can someone write it in plain English.

• pxwm

Hi @PC - I hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @Karen

If I've understood your requirement correctly I'll try and walk you through the process to create 'dummy' Service Providers.

To confirm you need to create a Wordpress user for each of your 'dummy' Service Providers.

>If you can login to your Wordpress dashboard as admin
    >Then select 'Users' in the left hand menu
    >Then select 'Add New'
    >This is where you will create a new Wordpress user.
    >Decide on a 'username'. Take some time to choose a username as the only way you can change it is to delete and start again.
    >Then enter an email address. This can be any email address. As you state you don't have many to choose from so make up a dummy email address as long as it is unique as Wordpress will not allow you to use an email address that has already been used to create a user.
    >Complete the other fields but don't check the box called 'send password'
    >Set the role as 'subscriber'
    >Then click 'Add New User'

>Then repeat the process for the total number of 'dummy' Service Providers you require.

>Then select 'Appointments' then settings in the left hand menu
    >Then select the 'Service Providers' tab
    >Then for each 'dummy' Wordpress account you have created add a new Service Provider and assign the relevant Service to them.
    Remember to check the 'dummy' checkbox for each 'dummy' Service Provider.
    To confirm you have to have one 'real' Service Provider as all the appointment emails will be sent to them.

>Then select the A+ 'Working Hours' tab
    >From the dropdown select the 'no specific provider' and set all the 'Work?' field to 'No'
    >Then select each Service Provider you have created and set their Working days and start and end times and any breaks and Save
    >Then select the A+ 'General' tab
    >Then scroll down to the 'Assign dummy service providers to' field to confirm this is set correctly to the 'real' Service Provider.

>Then select 'Users' in the left hand menu
    >You should now have some additional fields:-
    'Nickname (required)' and 'Display name publicly as'
    Set these and Save

I suggest you now try making some test appointments to check the settings.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.