Undesired behavior: Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin forcing HTTPS

Hi,

I've just spent a little over 4 hours working with serveral wpengine.com staff members trying to make the WPMU Dev Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin work for one of my installs.

I want my Wordpress site to run without SSL. In other words, I prefer HTTP over HTTPS.

We discovered that even though ALL "force SSL" or "force https" seeings were turned OFF on the wpengine systems like nginx, varnish, apache, wordpress multisite itself, and the Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin itself... the Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin was STILL forcing the site to load with HTTPS. This in turn breaks other wpengine systems. Systems that will eventually be used to serve HTTPS over.

This is a problem because it causes too many redirect requests and the site breaks altogether. If I disable the Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin and only the Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin then the site works just fine.

I've been asked by the wpengine staff to contact you guys to see if you are able to provide me with some guidance.

Is there some setting deep in a configuration file that we don't know of?

Something that is forcing HTTPS? Something that's not available via the Wordpress Dashboard GUI for the Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin?

Or

Is HTTPS being forced on my site when I use the Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin because the plugin has been hard coded to use HTTPS somehow?

I'd appreciate your help.

I'd love to use the Domain Mapping for Multisite plugin if possible.

Thanks,
Rafael

• Sajid

Hi getraf,
    Hope you are doing good today!

I have configured domain mapping plugin on my own test site with one subsite mapped with TLD over HTTP. The main site is over HTTPS and subsite/mapped domain is over HTTP.

But before reaching to a conclusion, could you please enable support staff access so I can take a closer look ? To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Also, please post the link of mapped domain and subsite of the network where you are getting this issue or the issue is on main site ?

Let me clear this up too that, the URLs are not hardcode, it uses default WordPress functions to get links.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.