Unexpected user Role Change

I just did 2 updates that your plugin asked me to do. When I did it changed the role of my user from admin to subscriber and I was bumped out. I went as another admin and changed the role back and after a few minutes it switched back again to subscriber without performing any other action. This continued 5 or 6 times. I disabled your plugins, including the dashboard, and the problem is solved. Please advise.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there and welcome to the WPMUdev Support Forums!

Wow, that's a new one on me! Please tell me more!

You refer to admin, rather than super admin, so is this a single installation, not multisite? And what were the plugins that were being updated when you experienced this issue?

When weird things like this happen, I usually deactivate all plugins and switch to the default theme, then activate one by one, and test for conflicts. In this case I might pay close attention to a plugin that interacts with user roles.

Let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
    Paul

• brechtify
    • New Recruit

Before I submitted this support ticket I deactivated only your dashboard, your backup plugin, and your ultimate branding and the problem was fixed, that's why I'm posting here, it seems directly related to one of these 3 things.
    its not a multi site

• brechtify
    • New Recruit

No. What was happening was every time I switched the user to an admin (by using another admin login) if I waited a few minutes it would switch back to subscriber. After I uninstalled all wpmudev plugins it stopped switching the user back and left it alone.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one or managed to get it resolved ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.