Unfortunately,

Unfortunately, I can not create snapshots in my Dropbox account? But why?

You have an access to my Wordpress already.

Thanks Claudius

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Claudius Neidig,
    I hope you're having a beautiful day!

I tried making a snapshot of just a single table like so:

You should probably see that in Dropbox.

I looked into your snapshot Log and it seems your snapshot is fairly huge (It says 36,27 GB). Keep in mind that the Dropbox limit is 20GB, as stated here. You might not be able to store larger files in your Dropbox and that's most likely the cause of your issue. You can check how much space you have in your Dropbox account following the steps here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/help/14

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Denitsa

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hey there Claudius Neidig,
    I hope you're well!

These largely depend on your host provider. Keep in mind that for a typical Musltisite install 256 MB memory limit is usually more than enough. Actually, your memory limit should be set as low as possible within the bounds of what you need so it's not a good idea to just up the stats as far as you are permitted by your hosting.

With that in mind, you can tweak your settings the way it's explained in this awesome article:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Regards,
    Denitsa

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi @claudius27019!

I double checked your stats now (you can do so by going to WPMU DEV Dashboard -> Support -> System Info or by clicking the Take me there now button under Snapshot -> Settings -> Server Info ) and they all seem to be set to high values so it shouldn't prevent the making of snapshots.

With that being said, keep in mind that 40GB is a pretty big size for a Snapshot and I wouldn't recommend having that even if it's theoretically possible (haven't tried making a Snapshot that huge myself). It would probably have some serious loading issues anyway when you try to restore from it. It is handy to exclude very large files from the Snapshot (like videos that are 2G+ in size) but be sure you have a backup of these elsewhere of course.

Thank you for being such an awesome WPMU DEV member! :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you ever need any further assistance.
    Kind regards,
    Denitsa

• Callsheet
    • Recruit

Good morning Denitsa,

I would like to run the backups over your "Managed Backups". For that I have now with you 100 GB more store bought. Unfortunately, there is an error message:

"Aw shucks, something went wrong:

General backup error "

Can you help me?

I gave you SUPPORT ACCESS...

Thanks a lot
    Claudius

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Claudius Neidig,
    I hope you are having a great day!

On my sandbox website, I was able to create a Managed Backup without any errors, but the process is too long to complete on yours (larger website) and I got logged out since the time for Access expireds. So, unfortunately, I couldn't test that live, but it was on a 40-something step with no errors.

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG to see if there's any related errors in the logs?
    Here's a blog post that describes how to do so https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/

To test, after enabling logging, please go to the Managed Backups section and try making a backup again. If it fails, then please provide us with the log. It will be saved to a debug.log file inside the "/wp-content" folder. Please save the file as a .txt and attach it to your next post.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best regards,
    Denitsa

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Claudius Neidig,

I think you might be having a plugin/theme conflict here.

Could you try switching to a default theme (like Twenty-Fifteen), disabling the MultilingualPress plugin and then trying to make a backup again?
    If that does not make it work, can you then please try performing a full theme/conflict test as outlined here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support

Please share the results of your tests here with us!

All the best,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.