unified registration and user panel for membership & BP

I have installed Membership and BP. I don't want my users to have to register for both of them separately then, after becoming members, login and out of one to go to the other and essentially go back and forth between two user panels. How can I unify them?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Dan,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Membership and BuddyPress integrate with each other out of the box. Why don't you simply remove the registration option from BuddyPress and just use Membership plugin's registration option ?

Please advise if that helps !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• dan
    • New Recruit

Actually it didn't integrate out of the box. Sequence of events so far:
    - I installed BP then installed the wpmu "social" theme.
    - I registered as a test user and everything seemed to work
    - Then I installed and activated the wpmu "membership" plugin.
    - After loging in as the test user every page in the navigation menu (eg activity, profile, etc) has this message "The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry."

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

After loging in as the test user every page in the navigation menu (eg activity, profile, etc) has this message "The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry."

Well, that is what Membership plugin does.

Did you configure the membership plugin, created levels and gave people access according to their subscription and access levels ?

here is the plugin manual : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

Kindly check and see if that helps !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.