Uninstalling the old supporter plugin

Can I just delete the files, they are in the old MU must use, folder, and there is not a wordpress uninstall button in the plugins area?
And I just load the new Pro Sites into the 'plugins folder' then reset everything up correct?
Then will there be problem with the API at paypal because of the switch to the new plugin Pro Sites

• PC

Hello @daansys

Greetings and thanks for your post.

It looks like you have not updated Pro Sites in quite a while.

Can I just delete the files, they are in the old MU must use, folder, and there is not a wordpress uninstall button in the plugins area?

Mu plugins are activated by default and you can not uninstall them from the dashboard they cannot be disabled except by removing the plugin file from the must-use directory, which is found in wp-content/mu-plugins by default.

And I just load the new Pro Sites into the 'plugins folder' then reset everything up correct?

To be true, I will have to test that out and ask the developer as I have never used the supporter version as Pro Sites has been there since I joined here.

Please standby and I will be posting back as soon as I get some information on the same.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay on this one. I got the info as below

Pro Sites is a major upgrade for the Supporter plugin. To upgrade to Pro Sites you must follow the following steps:

1. Backup your Database (optional, but highly recommended!) At the very least make a quick dump of your supporter_* tables just in case.

2. Delete Supporter Files You must delete all of the old Supporter files from wp-content/mu-plugins/

3. Move PayPal or Amazon Backwards Compatibility IPN Handlers These must be moved to your web root from the /pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/backwards-compatibility/ folder. If you fail to do this older Pro Sites won’t be be upgraded when their subscription payments come through from the old gateways.

4. ConfigureOnce you have installed Pro Sites you will need to configure the plugin right away. Most of the settings from the Supporter plugin will not carry over.

Please ensure that you take a backup of the site before you do any of those steps so that you can fallback if anything goes wrong.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.