Uninstalling WPMUDEV Membership

After nearly 2 months, our programmers have finally determined that the WPMUDEV Membership Plugin does not work when the Authorize.net gateway is selected for a serial membership.

We need to change plugins so we can use our payment gateway but have been told it could crash our site as we also use BuddyPress. Is this true? How can we best chage without causing more issues, we’ve already been down for 2 months! Thank you

• Joshua
    • Chief of Keepin' it Fresh Div.

One very important step you should take is backing up your site so that if it crashes when uninstalled you can just quickly restore your work. I do not know too much about why your whole site would crash by uninstalling or deactivating the membership plugin but I do know that backups have saved me a LOT of heartache when playing around on the backend of my sites.

Good Luck. I know someone will probably jump on soon with a much more profound answer :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Brian,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Its sad to hear that your programmers have decided that this plugin can not be used with Authorized.net for serial memberships. Have you brought this to our Developers attention in any of the threads you created before and has that been confirmed by him ?

To uninstall, I will second to the advice given by @joshua as he is spot on. Taking a backup is a nice practice before you make any major change.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.