UNIT does not want to save

The UNIT for the course I made does not want to save correctly.
You have any idea what is going wrong?
Is it something in the settings?

• Majid
    • Syntax Hero

Hello marjet
    It seems like your server doesn't support the PUT method, Please check the fix provided by Luis in this thread and follow the instructions from there.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/something-went-wrong-unit-was-not-saved

If this fixed it, you should also try contacting your hosting provider telling them about the situation and ask them to enable the PUT method.

Let me know how it went.
    Cheers :slight_smile:
    Majid

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello marjet

Hope you are well today!

I am afraid this fix is not implemented yet to the latest CousrePress version 2.1.0.2. The fix will be included in the feature versions of the plugins.

Please feel free to update the CoursePress plugin to the latest version, though you will need to re-upload the fix that is attached in this thread again.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello marjet

I hope you're doing well!

Please clarify if the issue persists after you've added the fix? If yes, please send to us your site's credentials, so we could have a closer look. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello marjet

Hope you are doing well!

I've tested the issue on your site and couldn't reproduce it. I've edited the units;s title and added modules and every change were saved successfully.

If you still can replicate this issue would you please try to log in to your site with another browser an try again? In case there is specific filed or option that can't be saved, please let me know the steps to replicate it.

Please advise,

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• randomblink
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

For the record... I just installed a fresh install of Wordpress.
    I installed WPMUDEV Dashboard.
    I installed CoursePress.
    I installed MarketPress.
    I created a course... tried to create units... couldn't.
    I tried switching DRAFT to LIVE then clicking on SAVE. Still no save.
    I uploaded the file above, coursepress-unitsbuilder.js, it now works.

Someone should seriously get this looked at. I see LOTS of requests for help to correct this situation, but I'm using a FRESH Wordpress, CoursePress, and MarketPress install and couldn't create a Course correctly. Bad Story.

Luckily I am testing this plugin out... I do NOT have current customers, etc...
    Can someone verify that this is either BEING fixed or at least seriously looked at?

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey randomblink !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Unfortunately, this issue with CoursePress is server related. So even if it is a fresh installation, the issue might pop up randomly unless the server has the PUT method enabled. I can confirm that the issue is being worked on constantly and should be queued for release within the future versions as soon as the developers and the QA team are done with the final testing to make sure the plugin is future-proof. Until the update comes out, we'd recommend you to implement the temporary fix depicted here or contact your host provider in order to enable the PUT method. We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this.

Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there marjet,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

In order to investigate this, could you please send us over some server details for this website?
    As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there marjet,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I've just used the credentials you've kindly sent to us and I can't replicate this issue.
    I've created a new "test course" (this is still in draft mode) and all changes made in course details as well as in it's unit, can be saved without any issues... am I missing something here?
    If so, could you please share here with me, the exact replication steps needed to follow to see this in action? Please advise!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• marjet
    • Flash Drive

Ha ha, Yes, it works now because my hosting enabled the PUT method.

So I don't think the other fix is working correctly.
    But thanks for you answer, so for me, for this site it is not anymore a problem but might be in future instances.

grtz,
    Marjet

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.