Unit not displayed for student with "subscriber role"

Hi there!

I am getting one more problem after update CoursePress Pro 2.0.
The unities of a course don´t display for a student if the role is "subscriber", however when I change the student role to "administrator" the unities appear.

Thanks,

Everaldo

• Nithin

Hi Everaldo,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and I could see the issue with the subscriber user I created, the units aren't visible. However, I'm not able to replicate the same issue in my system, this seems to be a site specific. The user with administrator is working, so this could be a conflict.

Since I don't see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know whether switching to a default WordPress theme, makes any difference. Since, it's a live website, I didn't any such changes to test this. Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look .Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Dimitris

Hey there Everaldo,

hope you're doing good and don't mind me chiming in here!

Could you please try to edit a course, go to "Course Details" tab and then select your units to display? Like the "Origin of Yoga: Historical and Cultural Contexts" unit in my screenshot below.

Then save the course and test a user with subscriber role.

Let me know how that goes! :slight_smile:

Warm regards and merry Christmas!
    Dimitris

• Everaldo

Hi Dimitris!

Yours step in are ALWAYS welcome! :slight_smile:
    I have solved the problem, in fact that was the problem, I haven´t selected the unities to be displayed. However I got a little other problem (hope it isn´t a mistake from my side).
    It seems that CoursePress Pro´s format isn´t the same with WordPress setting (see attached images). The year has got 1970 ehehhehhe

Happy Merry Christmas for you too! (you are hard working huh! )

Thanks,

Everaldo

• Dimitris

Hello Everaldo,

hard working even though today is pretty quiet for us!

Date formats aren't set based on WP settings as you can see in
    /coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/shortcode/class-coursetemplate.php#L1012 but this output is filterable as you can see few lines below (L1029)
    $delay_date = apply_filters( 'coursepress_unit_delay_markup', $delay_date, $unit_availability_date );

The "1970" issue though, is something that I wasn't able to reproduce in a test installation with TwentySeventeen theme. :thinking: Could you please try a conflict test as described in a nice flow chart here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/
    This should give us the source of it, I look forward for your results!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Everaldo

Hi again!

I understand about the date format. How could I change the date format to dd/mm/yyyy? If it would be possible, that would be perfect for me.
    About the theme, I have installed and activated TwentySeventeen theme, however the strange year still persists (date03.jpg). I also run the plugin test, I deactivated all except CoursePress, no change with the date thing.
    I would like to bug you once more... I have translate the entire CoursePress to Portuguese, however there is a little part that is in English. I have translated the string, but I dont know why isnt it translated... (for what I have observed until now, this is the only string that hasn´t been translated). Would you have any idea ? (message.jpg and message01.jpg))

Thanks again,

Everaldo

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Everaldo!

I checked your site again and I was able to replicate that "1970" issue on my end. It seems that there's some bug that prevents it from being displayed correctly if a particular time format is set in WP settings (Settings -> General):

- if the first option for "Formato the data" is set (j \d\e F \d\e Y) then the date is displayed wrong
    - if any other option is set, the date is correct

That happens in any language except English and doesn't depend on the theme that's active on the site and whether the CoursePress itself is translated or not. I'm reporting this to CoursePress developers and I'm sure they'll be able to fix that. As for workaround, please go to the "Settings -> General" page and select any other date format than the one that's set currently and it should fix the issue (though it won't actually change the date format).

As for the string that's not translated. I checked the plugin and it turns out there's a small "typo" bug in the code where this particular string is called so WordPress doesn't find the translation. This would be very simple fix so I believe the fix should be out in no time. I have reported it as well.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Everaldo

Hi again!

You´ve been awesome!
    I have changed the date format for now, that little bug is ok, hope the developers will solve it soon, the actual date format mm/dd/yyyy is opposite of what is used in Brazil, dd/mm/yyyy but at least it is not 1970 :slight_smile:
    If I may bug you with the last question, I would like to know if you could help me with a CSS code. The button "next" (próximo) is too big compared to the "previous" (anterior) one. button.jpeg
    I have changed the theme and both buttons were on the same size, so I know that problem is with my theme, I was just wondering if you could help me with that, I know very little about CSS (in fact I am a philosopher and yoga teacher just playing around with web site and coursepress :slight_smile: )
    If you could help me with that, for sure you would make my day :slight_smile:

Thanks once again for stepping in,

Everaldo

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Everaldo,

Please try adding this CSS code:

.cp .next-button {
        height: auto;
        line-height: 1.5em;
        width: auto;
    }

You can
    a) add it to the child theme style.css file (if you are using)
    b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

I switched to your theme to prepare this code - because it was on 2017 WordPress theme. I'm not sure if you did that on purpose, so I will now switch back to 2017.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Everaldo

Jesus.....

I am afraid I have found two more bugs!

1- When the student goes to "workbook" it shows a tick bullet for the correct answer (icon01.jpg), but when the student goes again inside the unity for checking the answer and to try it again if necessary, the icon shown is an X bullet (icon02.jpg) even if the answer is correct. I have also found that when the instructor will grade the students, all the correct answer come with a big red X icon, instead of a tick bullet (icon03.jpg). This big X is kind of misleading because visually we think it is a wrong answer....
    * I have changed the theme and the problem persists.

2 - When questions are marked as "not avaliable" (pendent.jpg) it shows to the student on the workbook "pendent" (pendent02.jpg) as if the instructor would grade it, however for the Instructor It shows "not avaliable" (pendent03.jpg). Students kept asking why does it shows "pendent" if the question isn´t avaliable. I guess it is another little bug.
    * * I have changed the theme and the problem persists.

I will await for this ticket to be 100% completed before I carry on looking deeply into the CoursePress Pro 2.0. I guess since it was updated I already have open several tickets with bugs, hope you guys are ok with that. I know that there are so many for the developers to check and small bugs are common :slight_smile:

peace,

Everaldo

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Everaldo,

Thank you for letting us know about that, it would be however great if you could open separate tickets for these issues. I'm not able to "split" your post to separate threads and those should be separately checked and then reported as separate issues to the developers if necessary.

I would appreciate you help on this very much as keeping different issues in separate tickets lets us better test them, keep better track on all information and also properly report them to devs in case it is required. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam