Unknown server error.

Every time I try to add a plug-in or theme I keep on getting a message and read at the top of my blog saying can you please tell me what's wrong Unknown server error.

• Sajid

Hi Frank,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

As you can see the error is really mysterious that does not explain why its happening. Please enable debugging by adding following define in wp-config.php file replacing define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After adding the above code in wp-config.php file, try to install a plugin or theme. Now go to wp-content folder and look for debug.log file. Save this file as a text ( .txt extension ) and attach it with your reply so I can investigate further.

Take care and look forward towards your response Frank :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Frank,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Never ever post your credentials and other sensitive data in public forum like this. wp-config.php file is the most important and secure file in WordPress system that contains all sensitive information regarding your website.

I strongly, recommend you to update WordPress database credentials and administrator login details ASAP.

Once you have those updated, please send in WordPress admin and FTP details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Make sure you select I have a different question from dropdown (see screenshot) - this and subject line ensures that it will get assign to me.

I will enable debugging to see what error occurs exactly.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.