Unlimited Sites, but at what level?

I asked earlier about the fact that when using ProSites, any new member you signup can create unlimited sites. I get that. But I'm noticing that when a second or third site is created by a member, it is not created at the same 'level' - it seems to create secondary sites at the lowest level (free site level).

Is this how the Prosite plugin is intended and is there a way to allow a member to have an equal Prosite level on the additional sites they create?

• DavidM

Hiya Dan,

I hope all's going well with your WordPress developments!

You're correct, new sites created will start at the 'free' level. Really, Pro Sites doesn't concern itself with whether the user purchasing a site has another Pro site. It's just concerned about the status of the sites themselves.

It technically is possible to make it so that when a user who has a Pro site creates another site, it'll automatically be a Pro site. It's just that it's quite complicated.

Consider, if the user has paid for multiple sites with different levels, which level should be used when creating a new site?

Also, if he ceases paying his subscription, will that disable all his sites?

Ultimately it can be custom developed, it's just that there are a lot of things to consider with that. It's not quite as simple as it might at first seem.

Does that help?

Cheers,
    DavidM

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.