Unlink Account?

Is it possible to unlink a Facebook account from a specific WP/BP User? If so, how?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello :slight_smile:

If a user has not registered with Facebook they can map their account by using the link provided in their Profile page . See pic

You'll need to make sure you have "Allow Facebook identity renewal" checked in Facebook Connect for this to show.

To remove the link the user can easily change the email associated with the account or the password via their user profile.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Both :slight_smile:

The WP user email is mapped to the same as the Facebook email, if they want to change that they can and the account will not be accessible to the FAcebook app,

Same goes with the password, if it's changed from the mapped settings then it is unable to synch so it will be disconnected.

They can also manually edit any profile items at any time via their user profile since it is mapped to the WP Database.

:slight_smile:

• ryangambrill
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I unlinked an account by changing the email associated with the WordPress/BP profile. But, the profile pic from FB is still showing up in the WP Admin Bar. When I try to upload a new avatar, it is not being accepted and I am getting an error.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ryangambrill,

Knock, Knock - Housekeeping --> Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.