unregistered members showing up in membership area

I am usting the Buisiness Profile theme with buddy press and the membership plugin. The site requires a paid membership with recurring payments through 2CO.

I have found members on the site that had not registered are not listed in the users or the members lists, so I have no way of removiong them. I can see these members by clicking the buddy press members menu, but they do not show up anywhere else.

This is of great concern of me as it compromises the sensitive nature of my site. I have tested the sign in procedure and all seems well.

I just don't know where these rogue memberships are coming from or how they are accessing the site. And, I need to know how to delete them

The website is http://sisterhoodofsupport.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Okay, I see where to access the register page from the buddy press 'sign up' menu.

I do not know how to disable this page as I cannot find it. It's not in my 'pages' section. In membership options I have the 'subscribe' page shown for registering.

So, my questions are, where to I find the 'register' page, how do I disable the register page and how do I delete the members who have signed up there?

Thanks again.

• JoAnn

And, there are members listed under the members page for buddy press, with their avatars and profile that I cannot find anywhere in the admin or network admin area, they are not in the users for WP or buddy press or in the membership listing.

How can I find and delete these members?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

So, my questions are, where to I find the 'register' page, how do I disable the register page and how do I delete the members who have signed up there?

To turn off registration go to Network Admin>Settings and select the radio button "Registration is disabled."

To delete members who have signed up, you'll want to verify the list of users listed under Network Admin>Users vs. those who are listed as members. You may want to just mark them as 'spam'. This will notify them they have been marked and if it's a mistake they can email you. This way, you don't accidentally delete something someone has paid for.

thanks!

• JoAnn

I am doing that, and it works fine with the members who are listed, but as I said, there are some members that show up on the website, when I am signed in, under the 'members' buddypress menu that do not show up anywhere else.

Those are the ones I need to remove and I just cannot find them anywhere. Is there some database or something where they might be? I just have no idea how a member can show on the site with a profile and not show up on any of the users or membership members lists.

• JoAnn

I think I have figured this one out. I compared the members names and e-mail addresses that show on the website inside the members area under the 'member's tab.

Searching through the Network Admin users list these rogue members sometimes show up with the user name, but sometimes only show up by searching using the first part of their online, members e-mail address.

For example, a rogue member may show up in the buddypress online 'members' list as rogue@idonotbelonghere.com. Searching the Network Admin users list for 'rogue' will not show any results, but searching for 'idonotbelonghere' will find the user that you want to delete.

So far this had found every unwanted user that has appeared on my membership only site. Since these users do not show up in the membership plugin members list, or in the site admin users list, I can only assume that they registered via the 'sign up' tab in the buddypress menu, which I have eliminated by turning off the buddypress registration by going to Network Admin>Settings and selectingt the radio button 'Registration is disabled.'

Thank you so much for your help, sometimes just pointing me in the right direction is all I need.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.