Unscubsribing and upgrading subscriptions in membership issues

So I have three levels of subscription.
1) Free
2) Level 1 Paid
3) Level 2 Paid

I made a user name for each member to test the upgrading and canceling ability for the plugin.

I decided to test the Level 1 Paid user first. When the Level 2 Paid user is in the subscription page there is a list of subscription; first one being the one the user is currently enrolled in, and the other two. If the user wants to unsubscribe, and clicks the button, the user is taken to paypal where there is an error message that says "The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid. You can find the status of all subscriptions in." What does this error message mean?

What I want is the user to be able to unsubscribe right away when he clicks the unsubscribe button. If this is not possible what are my alternatives to have the user be able to unsubscribe as painlessly as possible.

Second test, i decided to test out the Level 2 Paid user. If the user decided to downgrade to the Level 1 subscription, it worked easily, but in the Subscription page, the Level 2 Membership still has the unsubscribe page and the message still says "membership is set to automatically renew." It should say that this membership will expire at a future date.

How do I fix this?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

It seems like there is an issue with the subscription plan settings here.

Can you kindly allow me staff access to your site via WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access >> Grant Access so that I can have a closer look ?

Are you using Sandbox or live mode in PayPal ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Your follow up responses kept it at the bottom of my feed and I could not get back to this any sooner.

I am looking into this at this moment and will post back as soon as I am done.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

What I want is the user to be able to unsubscribe right away when he clicks the unsubscribe button. If this is not possible what are my alternatives to have the user be able to unsubscribe as painlessly as possible.

I see that you are using the PayPal gateway in sandbox mode. Can you kindly try this with live mode (with a test subscription with a very low price) and see if that works fine ?

Second test, i decided to test out the Level 2 Paid user. If the user decided to downgrade to the Level 1 subscription, it worked easily, but in the Subscription page, the Level 2 Membership still has the unsubscribe page and the message still says "membership is set to automatically renew." It should say that this membership will expire at a future date.

Its because their current subscription has not cancelled and a new one is added. So they will need to cancel their current subscription and then create a new one.

So it does not have an upgrade/downgrade option but I would discuss this with our lead developer @Eugene Manuilov in our next developers meeting so that we can look at inicuding that in a future version.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

When you mean cancel by canceling and creating a new one, a user needs to create a new account from the register page with a new username?

No the user needs to cancel the first subscription and then select a new subscription. If they simply select a new subscription, they will end up having 2 subscriptions.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in response as I was away due to bad health and could not get back to this any sooner. Please accept my apologies for the uninformed delay and any inconvenience it may have caused.

We are currently looking into this and see if we can include an upgrade process in Membership plugin in near future. I have already sent this to our lead developer @Eugene Manuilov as a feature in our internal meetings.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.