Unsubscribe Not Working

1. People click unsubscribe. It doesn't.
2. I manually cancel subscription. It doesn't.
3. People get mad and send me e-mails.

Please advise.

WP 3.3.2
Multisite

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello John,

Greetings and thanks for writing to us.

What are you referring to here ? is it about the newsletter subscription or the subscription to the new posts on your WordPress site ?

Could you please elaborate so that I can offer you the best assistance on it ?

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• JohnLibonati
    • Flash Drive

I'm sorry, PC. I thought I posted this under the Subscribe to Posts plugin.

It is the Subscribe to Posts plugin.

People cannot unsubscribe. I tested with a yahoo account e-mail address.

I am adding screenshots of
    1) Email received from StP.
    2) Message people see when they click unsubscribe link.
    3) Dashboard screenshots showing their addresses are actually added to list of subscribers, instead of being removed.

It seems that the program is actually re-adding people to the list instead of taking them off.

I had the plugin set to auto subscription. Then, I turned off auto subscription. I still could not remove subscribers.

From the Subscription Page in the Dashboard: Tried checking the box next to the name and clicking cancel subscription. No effect.

Please advise.

Thanks,

John

• JohnLibonati
    • Flash Drive

From subscribers who were unable to cancel:

"I tried to unsubscribe (it didn't work)- I get a few copies of every email for some reason. I prefer to go to your website and read there rather than get emails."

"Please unsubscribe me. Clicking the link does not work, as I continue to get emails every day."

"I have repeatedly unsubscribed from this newsletter but continue to get emails. Please unsubscribe me immediatley.
    Thank you."

-John

• JohnLibonati
    • Flash Drive

PC,

I also noticed that when I added a new post and hit publish, the program hung up. What I mean is, the rotating circle at the top of the page (I'm using Chrome) turned and turned and turned...

Do you need anything more from me at this point?

I deactivated the plugin, so I could post articles without them being e-mailed to the subscriber list.

-John

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello John,

I tested and found that I am able to create and cancel subscriptions fine and there is no problem at all.

However when we have auto subscription enabled, we are not able to cancel the Subscriptions of the Registered users of the website, but cancelling the visitor subscription works fine.

When we try to cancel the subscription of the registered site user, it automatically readds them and the subscription is not cancelled.

I am going to send a note to the developer for his feed back.

PS: It might take a bit longer then usual to get a response and I would be waiting along with you to get a response from the developer.

@Moha : Please provide your views on the same as we do not seem to be able to cancel the subscriptions of the users which are registered users of the website.

Cheers
    PC

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@JohnLibonati

Hi John

Just quickly checking in to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. I believe you're still waiting for the Developer's input, so I will go ahead and alert him again.

In the meantime, please let me know if the problem is still persisting and whether there is anything else we can assist with.

Have a good day!

Gina

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello John,

Thanks for your response... I have sent another note to our lead dev to provide his suggestions on this one.

@Gina : Well, its been a long time that cookies have been shared with the staff members here :wink: So a few cookies your way before I go on a vacations... oh... not cookies.. Blue Balloons though :smiley:

I just noticed that I now see the same old cute avatar again :slight_smile: (Not that the new one was not cute, but I like this better :slight_smile: )

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.