Unsubscribe not working

I just installed the Subscribe by Email plugin and the unsubscribe feature does not seem to be working. I clicked the Cancel Subscription link in my email ( Cancel subscription: http://studiolxiv.com/wp/?action=cancel-subscription&sid=1 ) and it just loads the homepage. In the admin section, the email address is still there. Please help!

thanks,

Zak

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey @officethug

I just tested it out. I installed it on a test install, subscribed in and created a new post. I got the post in email.

When I hit the un-subscribe link, I was taken to the homepage (too bad there is no message or pop-up), but I was taken off the list from the backend.

You say you were not taken off the list, right? Can you please give it another test and see? I am subscribed as well, so I will also get the email I hope.

Lets sort this out.

• officethug
    • New Recruit

Arun –

Thank you for your help. I just tested it and it still did not unsubscribe me. I tested it with multiple email address and I even tried the unsubscribe link in multiple browsers and it still won’t unsubscribe me. I don’t know whats going on.

Has this happened before?

And how did you access the admin controls for the site, through the Dev dashboard?

thanks again,

Zak

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Zak,

I tested this successfully on my demo site and did not have any problems whatsoever in the whole process.

This is how I tested it.

Website I used to test : http://pranzu.staging.wpengine.com/

I put my email address in the widget in the sidebar as below :

Clicked on Create subscription

Checked the subscription in the backend interface

Created a test post to see if I receive an email

I received an email

I clicked on unsubscribe link in the footer of the email

and it successfully showed the message in the sidebar…

and the backend shows

Please note that if you are not displaying the subscribe widget in the sidebar, it would not display the success message after you click on the unsubscribe link as this is a plugin you are using for managing the mail lists and not a third party service.

I hope that explains it all.

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions about the same.

Cheers

PC

• officethug
    • New Recruit

PC, this still doesn’t work on my site! My theme does not use a sidebar on the homepage so I can’t display it there. When I click the unsubscribe link from my email I obviously don’t get an unsubscribe confirmation AND I do not get unsubscribed from the list. I am still subscribed.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.