Unusual Problem fixing Excerpt Length

Site: AudioEngineering.co
Divi Theme 2.4.6.1

Second Attempt Please Understand that something is "WRONG" with trying to fix excerpt length in the normal way of fixing it. The typical functions.php and filter methods are breaking the site. Even a robust plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-custom-auto-excerpt causes all posts to disappear.

I would like the excerpt length to be adjustable and to be set as shown in the attached image. I trust your expertise but PLEASE understand this has not been a "normal" or "typical" issue to solve. I hope we can get it this time!

Support access has been granted as of now.

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hi @Core Zero

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Divi theme posts module used manual excerpts if set. If they are not set then it does not use the_excerpt function any more. That's why the auto excerpt action or filters hooks are even that robust plugin does not work here.

I checked the code and it used following plugin with fixed excerpt length in it. Its quite disapointing that they have this hard coded instead of giving user ability to change length from backend.
    truncate_post( 270 );

Right now the only option to change the excerpt length is by going into code. Go to Divi/includes/builder/main-modules.php on nearly line number 8566.

If its not module then it would be coming from index.php file.

There could be other method to override the shortcode parameters but that would require quite a custom work, by replicating the shortcode and registering a new hook to display the contents and I am afraid that's beyond the level of our support. Sorry!

I recommend you to contact elegantthemes support to fix this issue. May be they have a workaround ready made.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.