Upcoming events limit to the current month makes the plugin useless

I’m working to a website for an organization that creates trip events 2 time per year.

Registration to these events starts months before the actual event occurs.

Registration are also closed before the event start.

A can’t change event’s date, with the registration dates, because it would confuse users.

I need to show a list of all upcoming events (not so many, but most of the times they are far later the current month.

Why the developer have created this limit?

If this is a concern for the developer is always better to leave the option to the user: is way simpler to just add a checkbox in the widget/settings/anywhere you prefer and leave to us the choice.

Without the option to show events that occurs months later than current month, this plugin won’t be of any use.

Thanks.

• sciamannikoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you Arun!

An OT feedback…

I’ve tried to look for existing posts, but frankly, this forum’s search feature doesn’t help.

I think that grouping posts per plugin and making the search engine able to filter results, could avoid or limit redundancies like my post.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings sciamannikoo,

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Have you found any improvement with the functioning of version 1.2?

I need to show a list of all upcoming events (not so many, but most of the times they are far later the current month.

Why the developer have created this limit?

If this is a concern for the developer is always better to leave the option to the user: is way simpler to just add a checkbox in the widget/settings/anywhere you prefer and leave to us the choice.

Not only do I agree with the time limit perspective, but also concur on leaving it up to the user to decide which month is presented.

I am sure that VeBailovity can see the logic behind this and possibly considers adding this as a feature.

Of course with that said it would make this a feature request more then a support or bug problem.

Therefore I am moving this to the Feature Requests and I add my +1 for adding the option of which month to show in the widget.

Any other +1’s out there for this feature?

Cheers, Joe

• sciamannikoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

aecnu, yes and not.

I’ve joined another thread about this issue.

Arun provided a temporary solution that will be lost in the next update though, unless a definitive solution will be released.

I’ve suggested to allow to show “featured events”, or, even better, allow to give to an event a category or a tag, and show all events related to this taxonomy, regardless the starting date.

Here is my post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upcoming-events-widget-should-display-more-than-current-month?replies=11#post-197903

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.