Upcoming Events widget not showing future events

When the "Upcoming Events" widget is added from Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets section, it doesn't show the future events.

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Chris ,

After some inspection and tests I see that the Upcoming Calendar is working as intended. On the other hand the Upcoming Events isn't showing the events as you're suggesting but without returning any errors as well. The only error I'm getting is that you ( or a plugin ) have declared WP_CACHE two times.

Since you're using Varnish + Autoptimize, have you tried disabling them for a while or clearing your cache fully to see if that will work?

If you want us to look into it further please be sure to keep a full backup and grant us access so we can test thoroughly by sending a private message through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login:
    amin username
    admin password
    login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- cPanel / Plesk access
    username
    password
    login url

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hummingbird would tell me that I needed to declare WP_CACHE so I added it to the config file. After I tired of Hummingbird not working, I removed it, but forgot to undo the change to the config file. I just removed the declaration and now the events are listing properly. That solved it.

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Glad I could help!

Do you want us maybe to take a look at Hummingbird as well? I'm sorry it didn't work out for you as expected. Although just to inform you in advance (as I don't know how you went forward settings things up) having multiple Cache / optimization utilities running is usually adding more stress to the server than making it run more smoothly. So if you have a mixture of any Cache / minification systems they might end up battling each other if they are not set up properly.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.