Update Error

Hi, when trying to use the auto-update function, I ended up with this error:

An error occured while updating Gallery: Incompatible Archive. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid End of Central Dir Record size : 15.

What does the above mean? Thanks for help

• tukkae
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks – if it was time-out issue I cannot try now since I am having some server load issue at the moment. So my site will be slow anyway. currently eating up 500-600RAM without cpanel

Will get back after I settle it – whether up my 650RAM with current host to 1g – or switch to new host.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Have a caching plugin installed?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/

If you;re talking about CPanel, that’s probably using Apache. If you;re not too far along, you may want to reconsider reinstalling the box/vps and replacing Apache with Nginx.

Give this a readthough:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/wordpress-cheap-vps-lowendscript/

That script will actually replace apache with Nginx. Not sure if I would use it on a live site though.

• tukkae
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Re Update issue:

I’m no longer getting the “bad format” error, but each time I tried to update (whether from wpmudev or wordpress.org) I get a different error which can be put into two categories:

1) a) update failed because cannot find a particular file ie license.txt

b) broken theme because of missing stylesheet

2) cannot write to directory /wp-content

Error 2) is strange because sometimes obviously it can write to wp-content, otherwise I will not be getting error 1)

DrMike: Yes, I’ve tried dbcache and totalcache. I think its not helping much because my site at vps is not live yet. Which is why I am quite upset at them saying I need dedicated server for my WP+BP site with literally no users and no traffic – and was shocked by the 500-600RAM use even without cpanel.

I tried the lowend script – shall not go into details, but concluded that I am not tech savvy enough to take up that yet.. eventually, I hope.

So I’ve moved to another fully managed VPS hosting on a RAM 1G (as recommended by host after telling them its for 2 WPMU+buddypress sites to start with) with cpanel and was pleasantly surprised that my RAM use now is about 180-190!!! ( prev host was 500++ with same installation!) looks like a good start ^^

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dfstorm,

I’m not aware of any issue with the zip function so you may just need to give it another go. It’s worked for me with that plugin specifically.

Also can i disable all the WPMU notifications for non Super Admin accounts?

Our notifications should only be visible to Super Admins by default.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.