Update for Appointments + has slowed my site down

Since installing the newest version of this plugin it has made the appointment page (the only page I use this plugin for) on my website load very slowly.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @WebTesa,

I hope you are having a good day. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that your site is loading slowly. Could you please conduct memory test with this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/. This plugin will let you know which plugin's runtime is high and causing site slowdown. Or Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue on my own?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access. Please note that I will do some debugging like, deactivating plugins and themes, installing some testing tools etc, but i can assure you that after testing I will make everything in the exact state it were before testing. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• WebTesa
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Is there a way you can provide me with the files before the update, because I need to replace the new plugin with the old one, it is only the page that I have the appointment plugin on that is slow and it was not like that before I installed the new version of this plugin.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @WebTesa,

I hope you are having a good day. :slight_smile:

You can download an older version of our plugin from our appointment plugin product page.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/

Once you are on that page you can see changelog link just above the download button as shown in attached screenshot.

Click on that link it will open windows with all the old releases of plugin till latest one. Scroll down to see older versions of plugins. From there you can download an older version of plugin.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• WebTesa

Thank you for your time. I am really frustrated because I don't want to go back to an older version of the plugin. I tried the plugin you suggested (the p3 profiler) and it says Appointments + is using 25% runtime by plugin. I don't have many plugins installed besides appointments + and wpmu dev dashboard. I have the following plugins: Askimet, JQuery Banner Rotator, Justified Image Grid, NextGen Gallery by Photocrati

Like I said previously, the page that I have appointments + shortcode is the only page that loads slow on my website. This is what I have on that page:

[app_login]
    [app_services ... thumb_size="medium" ... order_by="name" ... description="content"]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_pagination ... month="1"]
    [app_confirmation]
    [app_paypal]

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @WebTesa,

Sorry to hear that your problem is still there. I am flagging one of our SLS person to assist you further on this, please keep in mind that response of our valuable SLS staff person will be slightly slower than usual staff response. Please be patience till you get response from our SLS person. I hope you will co-operate.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello again @WebTesa,

I hope you are having a good day.

The developers have been already notified. Once we have an update on this, me or developer will post here an answer. Please note, that Second Level Support may take a little bit longer to answer.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Milan

• WebTesa

Hi when I added the new update you included in this thread it seems to have knocked all of my required questions out and no one can book an appointment because they are not being shown but they are still required. I have name, email, phone number and city as required fields when booking an appointment and none of them show up in the form. Clients get notification from the browser to fill out fields that are not visible.

I did a test booking after I disabled the required fields until you all provide me with a fix for this. In addition to the issue with the form not showing the required fields it also does not show my link to make a deposit for the appointment. That is required no matter what! My clients are able to book and appointment without making a deposit. That is a super huge issue! The system allowed me to book an appointment without paying a deposit, it said your appointment has been made, then I did not receive the confirmation email, nor was the appointment listed in the appointment section of my website. This is a disaster.

Please fix this asap, I am losing business!

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi again @WebTesa

Sorry about the hiccup here, I'd like to take a closer look at the site. Can you please enable support access ?

That said here is a quick fix to the issues you mentioned. The confirmation emails and the missing fields. I tested it on the site on the front end and it looks like its working

add_action('wp_footer', 'custom_JS') ; 

function custom_JS() {
    echo <<<'JS'
    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
     $( document ).ajaxComplete(function( event, xhr, settings ) {
      if ( $('.appointments-confirmation-wrapper').css('display') != 'none')
        {
           $('.appointments-paypal').attr("style", "display: block !important");
           $(".appointments-confirmation-wrapper  div[class^='appointments-']").each(function(){
              $(this).attr("style", "display: block !important");
           });

}
    })
    });
    </script>
    JS;
    }

add_filter( 'app_new_appointment', 'force_emails', 999 );

function force_emails($id) {
    	global $appointments;
    	$appointments->send_confirmation( $id );
    }

Just copy/paste the code into the functions.php file of your child theme or a site specific plugin if you use one.

I need support access to investigate the 35$ deposit issue

Thanks
    Jude

• WebTesa

I added the code to my functions.php however now it shows all of the form fields even the ones I don't want visible, including address, notes, and google calendar button. The browser notifies me that the appointment has been made, even though it hasn't because no deposit has been paid. I will remove the code for now, because I cannot allow people to make appointments without receiving a deposit.

I'm not exactly sure how to grant you support access, because the instructions Milan included above don't work.

• WebTesa

I have now removed the code because I did not like the form fields that were visible and also don't like that clients are able to book without a deposit. Now that I removed the code it allows clients to book anyway regardless of the required fields not being visible, and not paying a deposit.

Why did removing the code from my functions.php not allow it to go back to the way it was? This is very frustrating I think I may have to move on to a different appointment plugin.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey there @WebTesa

Sorry about that .. ideally the code should not be needed. It was only a stop gap till the issues themselves were fixed in a upcoming release.

Please go ahead and remove the code, also I have a new beta version of the plugin which should have the issues you brought up fixed. Take a look.

Cheers
    Jude

• WebTesa

Seems to be working correctly now after the update. Thank you!

I went through the booking process, and was able to click to paypal to make the payment. The only thing I didn't do is make the payment to see if the confirmation email would be sent, but I'm assuming that will work as well.

Thanks for your help.

• WebTesa

Something is really going wrong with this plugin. It seems like after all the other issues were resolved it went back to the original issue which is that the appointment page with the appointments plus plugin shortcodes on it is loading really slowly?!

I am soooo frustrated.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @WebTesa,

In that case, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form, so we can dig into this more deeply on your site, and see about lifting that burden off your shoulders? :slight_smile:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.