Update removed providers/services at one location/time as being FCFS.

I just updated our Appointment+ app and an important piece of functionality is gone!

We have 7 providers each doing 1 unique service all assign to one location. Before the update if someone book a service it removed that time slot from all other services in that time slot. Now, it's no longer doing that. Only the one service/provider is blocked the others still show bookable. I found one other post about this and it wasn't an option for this situation.

Thanks so much!

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Suzy

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Would you please include link to the post you found ? And in which service's context we are talking here ? I can see you are offering many services. Could you please tell me which is the one we are looking for ?

What was your version prior to Appointments+ update ?

Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Suzy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for your follow up Milan!

I'm not sure of our previous version, I know it had been almost a year so it was quite outdated. Management asked me to wait until our slow season in case of major downtime. I had other adjustments to do as well.

I don't have the link to the other post, sorry. I gave access to our app through the support section so the powers that be can take a look. I've attached a picture of our services setup so you can see how it's suppose to work. All check boxed services share the same room. So if a service is booked in a room all other services should be blocked for that time frame. It worked this way before the update, now it's allowing ALL services to be booked at the same time.

Hope that clarifies. It's not working as intended so I'm sure there is a bug somewhere. Possibly patching so many updates at once. I've had to do extensive adjustments in the set up so I'd prefer not to uninstall and reinstall. I'm hoping someone from support can take a look. I can open a ticket if need be just thought maybe someone had experienced this before and had a quick answer!

I also made changes to the schedule, but I tried booking out 2 months out where nothing had been booked before changes/updates and still had the same problem.

Thanks so much!
    Suzy

• Suzy

I will repeat this process as requested. I will not be able to do this until the 14th as the 12th and 13th are busy days for our forms and website in general so I can't have them offline. The downtime for our appointment app has cause enough problems for our customers and service reps.

I have extended the support time on the back end of our site so if someone can find time to look we would appreciate it.

Suzy

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Suzy!

Thank you for extending support access, it would be great if you could take care of it to keep it open until the issue is solved.

That said, I think we need to wait for test results as those hopefully should provide us with some useful information/clues about what's happening on your site. We're here pretty much around the clock so just let us know if/what did you find anytime that suits you and we'll jump back in and continue troubleshooting this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Suzy

OK deactivated all plugins except WPMUDEV dashboard and Appointments+. Changed to the default theme and all previously booked appointments are still showing available.

Thank you Adam Czajczyk & Milan for the advice but it looks like it's something bigger than a plugin/theme conflict. I backed everything up before testing so please at your soonest convenience please take a look! The owners and customers are anxious to get this back online.

Thank you!
    Suzy B

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Suzy

It would be great if I and Adam carry out our testings for this issue on another ( staging ) site so we can keep your live site untouched.

Do you mind creating replica of your live site on its any subdomain ? You can use our Snapshot Pro to take backup of your whole site and to restore it to newly created site. :slight_smile:

Let me know your inputs. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Suzy!

It seems that my colleague Milan didn't notice that you're subscribing only for this single plugin that you're using. We no longer offer "single" subscriptions so its now easy to miss. I'm sorry for causing confusion and of course you're absolutely not expected to pay any additional fees to receive support.

In fact, I just made our account team upgrade your account to a full membership for the next 7 days starting from now. You account won't be charged and instead you now get an access to each and every of our plugins and themes so please give as many of them a try as you wish. After these 7 days passes by, your account will be automatically set back to your current subscription. The best thing though is that you may keep and keep using all the plugins and themes that you installed during that time! Only exceptions are plugins that require access to our API (such as WP Smush Pro) but there's only a few of them :slight_smile:

Of course, if you find full access useful you're more than welcome to upgrade and keep the full membership!

That being said, a full membership includes access to the Snapshot Pro plugin that my colleague Milan suggested. To setup a staging site using it please follow this steps:

1. Install Snapshot Pro on your site
    2. Read this usage guide to get familiar with plugin's usage: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/#product-usage
    3. Create full backup of your site using Snapshot Pro (including all files and all database tables)
    4. Setup another fresh/clean WordPress somewhere on your server (e.g. in a sub-folder of your site); don't install any additional themes or plugins and just leave it as a default WP setup
    5. Download snapshot archive from your current site and import it to this new site
    6. Use "restore" option on that new site

This way that new site will be a 1:1 copy of your current site and we should be then able to safely continue troubleshooting without event touching your "live" site.

Here's more detailed guide on setting up staging site using Snapshot Pro plugin (this is about migrating the site but all the steps are the same except you don't remove/delete the original site):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for the all the info provided and setting up staging site, after some extensive testing we were able to replicate the issue and pinpoint the issue to version 1.9.1 of A+ in which this started happening.

I have create but report for this and notified plugin developer about it.

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention!

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.