[Update Services] Monthly automate updates

Currently, it's only possible to do weekly, daily or hourly scheduled updates using Automate. We'd like there to be an option to this monthly or bi-weekly.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Laura Lisa

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I admit I'm slightly confused. Are you referring to Automate "schedule" option in Automate configuration in The Hub?

The Automate by default is checking for available updates each 3 hours. If there are updates available, it preforms them. The schedule can be changed but the settings are to select specific days of the week on which those checks (checks for updates, not updates themselves, because updates will be performed only if there are plugin/theme updates available) should be run - but not daily/weekly/monthly intervals.

Take a look at this screenshot, please:

Is this what you're referring to or some other setting in The Hub? I might be missing the point here so I'd appreciate some additional information and I'm sure we'll find the "common ground" on this :wink:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Laura Lisa

Yes that is what I'm referring to. What I mean is that by default it checks every three hours. You can also schedule it to check every Monday for example. So it will check for updates weekly correct? So you could also select multiple days for the checks and have it checked every other day for example. However, you can't select a monthly option to have the updates checked e.g. every 20th of the month. Which is what we would like to do :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Laura Lisa

Thanks for your response!

Yeah, I see the point now :slight_smile: Personally, I believe that the faster the updates are applied after they are officially released, the better - as it's absolutely critical for safety to keep the site as up to date as possible. But I can imagine scenarios where you'd rather avoid too frequent and sometimes unexpected updates :slight_smile:

There's a huge update to The Hub coming up soon so I believe this is what we're focused on for now but I'm sure there's plenty of space for future improvements after that so I already passed your idea to our developers for further consideration.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.