Update WordPress to latest version is showing false/positives

Update WordPress to latest version is showing false/positives on many sites hosted on managed wordpress hosting. It shows a yellow caution. When clicked it shows this error message. "An error occurred, please try again." It's already at the current version. Can this be fixed?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kevin,

Would you mind allowing support access to one of this sites so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When clicked it shows this error message. "An error occurred, please try again."

Also can you enable debug log so we could see what is happening there. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kevin

I couldn't find the debug.log file so I copied this from my dashboard after making the recommended changes to my wp-config.php file.

Please let me know when you're completed so I can change it back.

I could have done this within the editor but it's disabled per defender. When I tried to revert it just grayed out the button but never reverted.

Notice: rss.php is deprecated since version 3.0! Use wp-includes/class-simplepie.php instead. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3677

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_register_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_enqueue_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_deregister_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_register_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: wp_enqueue_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 925

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 943

Notice: Undefined variable: message in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-content/plugins/dudapro/admin/class-dudapro-admin.php on line 35683

Notice: Undefined variable: helpFeed in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-content/plugins/dudapro/admin/class-dudapro-admin.php on line 31107

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624

Notice: Constant WP_DEBUG_LOG already defined in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-config.php on line 87

Notice: Constant WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY already defined in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-config.php on line 87
    Skip to main contentSkip to toolbar

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/hardener-module/component/class-wd-protect-core-dir.php on line 87

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-includes/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/36/2360136/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/hardener-module/component/class-wd-protect-core-dir.php on line 87

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Kevin,

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

There seem to be file permissions that prevent Defender from working properly.

I would ask you for your FTP credentials so I can have a look.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic.
    Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Shulev"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Thank you and have an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.