Updated Marketpress is not working properly

Hi

I appreciate if one of you with more technical skills can help-

A few days ago updated Marketpress-- now it is working properly:
1- orders are not recorded in the list of orders ; i.e, are not listed under Products> Manage Orders.
2- The last page in the process of placing the order- through the shopping cart, and after the form for the credit card info is entered- if the customer clicks on "Conform Payment" button, the page does not move to the next page (i.e.; confirmation page)- in this stage it looks like the browser is still working- and if customer clicks the "Confirm Payment" again- a duplicate order will take place- I have now a customer that has repeated 7 orders in the same page.

Please could you look at this- I think the best is if you would please access the website and the necessary corrections.
Let me know for giving Access.

Many thanks
Mahmood

Tyler Postle

Hey Mahmood,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I just tested this out with an invalid credit card just to see what the button would do and in that case it re-loaded the page with the error.

Which payment gateway are you using?

and this only started happening after updating the plugin?

I can definitely take a look at the settings, but you will need to grant access first

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to heairng back Mahmood!

All the best,
    Tyler

mpiraee

Hi Tyler,

Thanks a lot for your reply- Yesterday, I did grant access for this same topic but no one from WPMU logged to look at it.
    Now, new access is granted. I appreciate your help-

Yes his happened after the recent update- One thing different was, that I did the update while I was at a hotel on my trip- the internet connection was slow and I had to reload the process of updating the plugin- However about two hours ago I re-updated the plugin using the following method:
    http://www.jeriffcheng.com/how-to-reinstall-wordpress-plugins-wisely.html
    but still the problem might exist
    I appreciate your help- I did also a transaction just 1 hour ago- again I received two email notifications- but the order is no listed in Manage Orders.
    I use Bluepay, authorize.net gateway.

Thanks
    Mahmood

Tyler Postle

Hey Mahmood,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Have you tried rolling back to the last version to see whether it still works with that one? I'm wondering if it is the recent version or not. You can download the recent version from the plugin page and click the version number in the "changelog". Screenshot attached. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

This will help narrow down the issue so we can investigate further

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Michelle Shull

Hi, Mahmood! Thanks for all your great work with Tyler and Brian in this thread.

Can you confirm that the issue you were seeing with the updated MarketPress is gone with the previous version?

This information helps us determine if the issue is with the plugin itself, or if it's originating somewhere else, like your gateway or because of a performance issue on your site.

I'm trying to replicate your issue on my site, and I'm unable to do so. Do you happen to have any caching or security plugins active on your site? Sometimes this type of plugin can cause issues with dynamic content, like a payment confirmation, so it may be worth temporarily deactivating them to see if the issue persists.

If that doesn't apply or solve anything, are you using any other plugins that use the same payment gateways, unconnected to MarketPress?

Thanks for any additional information you can give!

mpiraee

Hi Michelle

thanks for the attention..

there was no specific change to other plugins when this issue happened-
    I tried and unactivated Secur plugin, Broken link checker that had not helped-

We rolled back the whole website to an earlier back version (all website)- and it resolved the problem-
    Note that the only thing I suspect is that during the installation there was a short internet connection gap- but then I deactivated Marketpress, re-installed the latest version but the problem didn't go away-

with limited resources I have , I am being cautious now and don't want to update Marketpress now till we know what was the source-
    thanks
    Mahmood

Michelle Shull

Thanks, Mahmood!

Would you be willing to email me some login details? This way I could test the update for you, and immediately roll back to the previous version of MarketPress if I see the issue persists.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me

Thanks so much!

Michelle Shull

Hi there, Mahmood!

I don't see anything on your site that leads me to believe you're going to have that issue again when you update MarketPress. I think you may be correct, there was a hiccup during your last install that prevented it from fully completing.

Since you're working with limited resources, what I would do is wait until a time when you're sure your site has the lowest traffic before running the update. For my sites, this is usually in the middle of the night. Before you update MarketPress, de-activate your other plugins (just until MarketPress is installed) then re-activate them once you've successfully updated.

Thanks Mahmood!

Michelle Shull

Hi, Mahmood!

My colleague Michael pointed out that you'd had trouble updating to the latest version of MarketPress again.

Sorry for that! I was waiting to hear back from you here about how the update went.

I'm still not seeing the same issue on my own sites, so let's try checking your server error logs. You can find these by logging into your host's control panel. There should be a link where you can access your server logs. In there, look for any errors that occured at or around the same time you updated MarketPress.

You mentioned in the other thread that database tables were corrupted when you updated. Can you give me some more details about what led you to this conclusion?

Thanks!

mpiraee

Hi Michelle.
    the problem happened on Sunday Nov. 9th: see below the list of errors for that date:

"You mentioned in the other thread that database tables were corrupted when you updated. Can you give me some more details about what led you to this conclusion?"---- after updating Marketpress, the site went down, i.e., cannot view the site via a browsers- first the error was related to database not found type of error (I cannot recall the exact wording)--then 500 Server Error appeared after trying to re-load the website in Chrome/Firefox.

In the past, WPMUDev dashboard has some incompatibility with the the website theme- I have always deactivated WPMU dashboard- On October 20th- the updated for the marketpress was available only via Dashboard- so I downloaded the update via WPMU dashboard- I don't know if this is related or not just to let you know-

[09-Nov-2014 20:28:27 UTC] WordPress database error Got error 28 from storage engine for query SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag', 'post_format') AND tr.object_id IN (3175, 3181, 3292, 3368, 3399, 3893, 4148, 4156, 4158, 4182) ORDER BY t.name ASC made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts, _prime_post_caches, update_post_caches, update_object_term_cache, wp_get_object_terms

[09-Nov-2014 23:27:28 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY timestamp ASC LIMIT 100' at line 1 for query SELECT original, lang, translated, translated_by, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(timestamp) as timestamp FROM wp_translations_log WHERE source= 0 and UNIX_TIMESTAMP(timestamp) > ORDER BY timestamp ASC LIMIT 100 made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, transposh_plugin->run_backup, transposh_backup->do_backup, transposh_database->get_all_human_translation_history

/home1/saffro16/public_html/wp-admin/error_log:
    [09-Nov-2014 20:15:50 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.seo-visuals.com/api/8315poc87h64aaeon6tg526a6/scores/http://www.saffron2020.ca): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

in /home1/saffro16/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-score-dashboard-by-seo-visuals/seo-score-dashboard.php on line 37

Michelle Shull

Thanks, Mahmood!

I think I see where the trouble is from this error log, SEO Score Dashboard, and whichever plugin is referenced by the transposh_ files. Is that a translation tool, perhaps?

I think the issue is with these plugins, rather than with MarketPress - it could be that the MarketPress update just happened to reveal this issues.

If you're still willing to test, try deactivating those two plugins, then try installing a fresh copy of MarketPress from the plugin page. (Don't use the updater if it gives you issues.) https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

500 server errors are often the hardest to diagnose, it's kind of a catch-all for a variety of issues, and if any additional information is shared with the error, it's usually pretty vague.

Let me know if you decide to test this, and the results you get.

Thanks, Mahmood!

Tyler Postle

Hey Mahmood,

Hope you're doing well today!

Have tried updating MarketPress manually? I'm wondering if it is the WPMU DEV Dashboard that is causing the issue for you here. As you mention you had issues with it in the past.

You can upgrade manually by just deleting MarketPress from your site then downloading the latest version and uploading it through FTP

Let us know if you have tried that already or not, or if you still get the issue when you do!

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

mpiraee

It would be more efficient if we knew where the problem is before I do another try- I have done this 3 times now and each time it takes a few hours to take everything back- I cannot do this again this way- there should be a better way than just try and error-

IS there a way WPMUDEV does not require activation of its dashboard for enabling the update process?

I would appreciate your feedback

Tyler Postle

Hey mpiraee,

Hope you're doing well today and apologies for my delay. Another way to update would be to just manually deactivate and delete the plugin then uploading the latest version through FTP. That doesn't require the dashboard be active at all.

Would you mind if I just go in and do the update test myself so I can see the issue and troubleshoot further? I will make sure I put everything back to working order right after

I notice in your email to Michelle that you preferred to be online while she was doing tests. If that's the case then just let me know when you want me to start running this test and get it sorted for you!

It looks like the user you gave Michelle is no longer an admin user. If you want to email the credentials directly to me then I will be notified

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks for all your patience here Mahmood! Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Jonathan

Hey Mahmood,

Sorry for the extreme delay. We've located the bug and will make sure the patches are in the next release of MarketPress. In the meantime, I've attached the fixed gateway file for you to upload to your server. You'll want to upload it to wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway making sure to overwrite the existing authorizenet-aim.php file that already resides there.

Please let us know if this fixes things for you.