updated membership pro and now site has crashed

I updated Membership Pro this morning and the site worked for an hour or so then crashed, there is a script: 500: Internal server error

This error is generated when a script running on the server could not be implemented or permissions are incorrectly assigned for files or directories

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Temporarily disable any rewrite rules by renaming your .htaccess file if it exists.

Ensure that any CGI or Perl scripts have at least .755. permissions.

If trying to run PHP and you get this error, you may have an invalid php.ini in your /cgi-bin, or may be missing your php.dat file in this folder.

• Unknown User
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

so I had to roll the entire site back to yesterday's backup, before I had updated with your new version. It restored the site, but you guys need to stress test your updates. Obviously what happened was someone tried to sign up and crashed the site, which explains why it didn't immediately crash on update.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Carrie Leber

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I updated Membership 2 Pro in my live test site, my local test site, and 2 other environments but I could not regenerate the issue you mentioned. So I need to make some tests on your site to see the error in action and grab some information. Can you please take a backup of the latest working condition so that you can restore it if anything goes wrong during my test. I'm asking you this, because as it broke your site once, there is a pretty big chance that it might be broken again during my test. But I'll try my level best to fix this ASAP.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also can you turn on the debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, please paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.