Updated Multisite privacy now several sites not working ... need to revert back to previous plugin

I just updated plugin. I am running WP 3.4.1. I do not usually update right away on the network side to ensure all plugins and themes are compatible before the upgrade, so I don't know if that is the problem but I have a coupld errors being thrown. If I go in to change the theme and click activate, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare my_scripts_method() (previously declared in /home/bluewatc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php:82) in /home/bluewatc/public_html/wp-content/themes/maxmag/functions.php on line 14

On a site that is currently running this theme live I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

Because I have sites up live on this theme, I desperately need to roll back this plugin or deactivate. Since it is a Must-Use, I cannot deactivate. I tried simply removing the plug in file via ftp which of course made new errors so I put it back. I am not 100% sure which version I was running prior to the update, but all sites and themes were functioning fine, so although I am convinced this isn't multisite privacy's problem I still have to have these themes functioning and quickly because sites are out there live now erroring out.

PLEASE HELP ASAP! I'm stuck. Thanks!

  • sixdegrees
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    In case this helps... here is the snippet of code from the plug-in the error is referring to (line in question is bolded):

    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_scripts_method' );

    //------------------------------------------------------------------------//
    //---Functions------------------------------------------------------------//
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------//

    function additional_privacy_init() {
    load_plugin_textdomain( 'sitewide-privacy-options', false, dirname( plugin_basename( __FILE__ ) ) . '/languages' );
    }

    function my_scripts_method() {
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );

    Now, here is the line in the theme file function.php being referred to (line in question bolded, but note that according to my count it is line 15 not 14??):

    <?php

    /////////////////////////////////////
    // Enqueue Javascript Files
    /////////////////////////////////////

    function my_scripts_method() {
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
    wp_enqueue_script('flexslider', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/jquery.flexslider.js', array('jquery'));
    wp_enqueue_script('elastislide', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/jquery.elastislide.js', array('jquery'));
    wp_enqueue_script('maxmag', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/scripts.js', array('jquery'));
    wp_enqueue_script('ticker', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/ticker.js', array('jquery'));
    wp_enqueue_script('respond', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/respond.min.js', array('jquery'));
    }
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_scripts_method');

  • Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

    @sixdegrees

    Hi there by using my super powers i can tell you that the last version you were running prior to the update was 1.1.6.5 :slight_smile:

    Actually no superpowers involved but it sounded way more interesting than saying i checked your plugin activation records :slight_smile:

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers!

    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.