Updated wordpress and the events+ plugin crashed my site?

I updated to wordpress 3.8.3 and today events+ crashed the website. I had to disable the plugin to get the site back up. Is there a way to fix this issue?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Orly,

Hope you're well today and sorry to hear of the issue you had here.

Could you let me know if you had any error messages?

In your wp-config.php, could you change

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

And then reactivate events+ and copy the error messages :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Orly
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Quick question,
    I went into my google account that has all the events. I checked to see if the events were there and the calendar had been deleted. Also, It was showing me a welcome screen as if it was the first time I was using google calendar. Could that be the issue?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Orly,

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe that would be part of the problem, given how Events+ works.

I'm sure we could sort it with that debug option enabled. Could you please let us know how that works?

Or alternatively, if you could deactivate other plugins and switch to Twenty Fourteen theme, that would help us to know if it's all due to a plugin/theme conflict.

That debug option would help with that as well though.

Either way, if you could let us know, we'll gladly assist. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    David

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Orly,

Hope you're well today, I believe if you start over and do a fresh install, there could still be the same plugin.

Can you send me FTP and WP admin please to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing so I can further investigate :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Orly
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,
    I'm on a bit of a deadline. Right now I want to completely remove the plugin.Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to install the plugin on my test server to make sure it works in a couple of days. I'm not sure on the tables that have to be removed from my live site. Could you please let me know, so that I properly uninstall it?

Again Thank you so much.
    Orly M.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.