Updates break Dashboard Plugin

This morning I updated several items including the WPMU Dashboard plugin. Upon visiting the Admin section, I've noticed that several areas now 'break'. The notice I receive is this:

--
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 265791 bytes) in /home/aithene/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-site.php on line 997
--

And the error seems intermittent. There are some pages that I did not have access to earlier that I do seem to have access to now, and others that I thought I had access to that I don't now. It almost feels like there's something going on in the background that is interfering with the operation of the website, but whatever it is, it keeps crashing on line 997 of the class-wpmudev-dashboard-site.php file.

I redownloaded and installed the Dashboard plugin manually via FTP and this does not fix the problem.

This problem does NOT seem to affect the actual sites. They are up and running and I haven't seen the error message while browsing through the admin sections of the individual websites. Also, the sites seem to be up and functional.

I have granted access through the WPMUDev dashboard, so you should be able to log in and have a look around.

Thanks.

• christopher_wilson
    • Aithene

OK. I believe that I actually have to call GoDaddy and have them upgrade my plan in order to do this for my site.

Still, I'm curious as to what changed in the last round of updates that is causing this sort of thing to occur. I've been up and running for three months now with basically the same configuration. The only real updates are the Genesis Framework theme and the WPMUDev Dashboard.

• Madhusudan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Christopher_wilson,
    Hope you are doing fine. Since, GoDaddy has access to your server, it would be best to request them for increasing your memory limit instead of trying to make changes yourself.
    This might be future proof as well for uploading/updating large files and plugins/themes.

Thanking you,
    Madhusudan Pokharel

• christopher_wilson
    • Aithene

OK. I've made the changes to the php.ini file and it seems to have resolved the issue. However, I'd still like you guys to consider the fact that the update seems to have somehow increased the load on the system memory, as I did not have these problems before the update.

If the issue wasn't caused by the plugin, then it is coming from somewhere else. Best guess the recent Genesis update. However, if it is coming from your Dashboard, I think I'd reprioritize how important the Dashboard is in the daily tasks of the WordPress site.

Thanks for getting me up and running again.

• Madhusudan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello @Christopher_wilson,
    Glad to know that your issue has been fixed. The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin activates services from the onsite dashboard to give you harder stronger security, better SEO and site management, while improving speed and stability.

All the power of WPMU DEV Products, Support and services will be available on your dashboard at full speed.

You can find more detail on usage of the WPMU Dashboard plugin from here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Thanking you,
    Madhusudan Pokharel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.