Updates cause site to crash

Hi,
I recently updated my plug ins and my site seemed fine initially. Then it began freezing. I contacted my hosting folks at WPEngine and they say this is at the head of my site and not resolving:
http://websitewag.com/?dm=1fe8dbc3ed05d08279372fe0259e352b&action=load&blogid=34&siteid=1&t=516684757&back=http%3A%2F%2Ffirst-aid-fred.com%2F

I restored my site to a date before the updates and all seems OK now.

Now, I decided to update again - and try to narrow down the issue. However, now I get this error when trying to update plugins. I'm using almost exclusively WPMUdev.org

Here is the error:

An error occurred while updating Affiliate: Could not copy file. /nas/wp/www/cluster-1186/websitewag/wp-content/ et. etc (different path for each plug in)

Any ideas?

Best,
Aaron

• aecnu

Greetings Aaron,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention but I have never seen anything like it nor aware of what could possibly be causing this on your end.

It is like either your FTP software is totally messed up or the host is having a big issue of some kind.

You should be able to upload your files via FTP without any problem.

Please recheck your FTP settings and see if you can FTP up anything at all.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron

Hello Joe,
    I got the site back and woeking

All plug ins were deactivated. I just now got everything back in order and tested the sub sites.

All seem OK but this one: http://websitewag.com/ellasitalianrestaurant/

I cannot get into the dashboard and the site will not come up at all. I have a hunch it might be the theme. I tried to activate this theme (WPMU Dixie) recently on a separate install at teamtierra.wpengine.com - but got a blank screen. I had to restore to get the site back.

I don't know that this theme is the issue - just a hunch because of how it behaved with the teamtierra install.

I let the folks at WPEngine know also - just in case it might be the hosting - although everything else is working normally again. This theme worked perfectly on http://websitewag.com/ellasitalianrestaurant/ until now. But it did cause another Wordpress install to completely crash.
    ??

Best
    Aaron

• Aaron

Hello,

I will disable the theme - but this was only a hunch. There are bigger issues it seems . .

Here is the information I got from WPEngine --

When I visit that website, here is the error that triggers:

[Wed Dec 12 04:37:15 2012] [error] [client 108.65.117.77] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class oauthconsumer in /nas/wp/www/cluster-1186/websitewag/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/twitter/OAuth.php on line 12, referer: http://websitewag.com/wp-admin/network/sites.php

You can't have the same class redeclared. I've searched the entire account, and here are where the "oauthconsumer" class occurs:

$ ack-grep -i "class oauthconsumer"
    wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/twitteroauth/OAuth.php
    10:class OAuthConsumer {

wp-content/plugins/DISABLED/events-and-bookings/lib/twitteroauth/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/pay-per-view/includes/twitteroauth/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/twitteroauth/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/twitter/OAuth.php
    12:class OAuthConsumer {

wp-content/plugins/yelp-it/lib/oauth.php

Looks like you have multiple plugins fighting to use the same class. You'll need to determine which two plugins are both on that site.

All these plug ins except the Yelp It are from WPMUdev. How can I fix this?

Best
    Aaron

• Aaron

Hello Joe,

I should clarify:

Ultimate Facebook is not Network activated. It is activated on two sub sites - /paulwoodtheoutfit and /ellasitalianrestuarant

They both are set up with their own API key and secret. Oddly, the activity from /paulwoodtheoutfit is appearing on the /ellasitalianrestuarant via the Activity Feed Widget.

The real concern is the message I got back from the folks at WPEngine regarding the reason why our main site is crashing is as follows:

When I visit that website, here is the error that triggers:

[Wed Dec 12 04:37:15 2012] [error] [client 108.65.117.77] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class oauthconsumer in /nas/wp/www/cluster-1186/websitewag/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/twitter/OAuth.php on line 12, referer: http://websitewag.com/wp-admin/network/sites.php

You can't have the same class redeclared. I've searched the entire account, and here are where the "oauthconsumer" class occurs:

$ ack-grep -i "class oauthconsumer"
    wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/twitteroauth/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/DISABLED/events-and-bookings/lib/twitteroauth/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/pay-per-view/includes/twitteroauth/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/twitteroauth/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/twitter/OAuth.php

wp-content/plugins/yelp-it/lib/oauth.php

Looks like you have multiple plugins fighting to use the same class. You'll need to determine which two plugins are both on that site.

I removed the Yelp It plug in - but am concerned that something may not be quite right with the current set up of classes as pointed out above.

Best
    Aaron

• aecnu

Greetings Aaron,

Thank you a ton for the detailed explanation not only regarding the configuration of Ultimate Facebook being activated on a site by site basis but also the class issue.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this issue on my production server installation.

Are you indeed still receiving error errors with the Yelp plugin uninstalled?

If so can you please refresh and post the current error list for us now?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron

Hi Joe,

Everything seems OK with our site now - but the Facebook activity field is still doing this:

Ultimate Facebook is not Network activated. It is activated on two sub sites - /paulwoodtheoutfit and /ellasitalianrestuarant

They both are set up with their own API key and secret. Oddly, the activity from /paulwoodtheoutfit is appearing on the /ellasitalianrestuarant via the Activity Feed Widget.

However, when I populate the "Site" field of the Facebook Activity Feed Widget - it becomes blank. This may be because the domain is not pointed yet - but what about the feed from theOutfit showing up. I created both apps on the Facebook developer site - This is the only thing they share in common (other then common Network at Website Wag).

Best
    Aaron

• aecnu

Greetings Aaron,

Hmmm - this is a tough one but i am indeed wondering what the effect if any of not having the domain name resolving has on the installation and on Facebook which may indeed be possibly causing this issue.

Until that is resolving correctly I do not know what more can be done though I will certainly keep it in mind.

Let me know when the domains are resolving correctly and if that does not straighten things out I will ask the lead developer what he thinks of the issue.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.