updating edit css is effecting main nav menu

Hello, I was recently having trouble discovering what was causing my sub menu items to not appear any longer in my drop down menu boxes.

Somebody (some support guy) disabled half my plugins without telling me anything and it was back up.

One by one a activated the plugins and check the menu on the homepage. It worked fine. All the plugins were reactivated, jetpack and WPMUDEV reactivated, and it was working fine.

Then I noticed my button wasn't changing colors on hover and checked the

>Appearance > Edit CSS

The code was still there. As soon as I clicked "Save Stylesheet" my menu is now no longer working right.

:disappointed:

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Jacoby ,

I could confirm the issue on your site.

I have troubleshooted the issue and found the following javascript error message is displaying in the browser console as shown in the attached screenshot that is causing this issue.

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).live is not a function

It seems the theme specific issue so please contact the theme author to resolve the issue in the theme.

In the meanwhile you can resolve the issue by adding the following CSS code in the Appearance > Edit CSS option

.site-navigation li:hover ul.hidden {
      display: block !important;
      visibility: visible !important;
    }

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Jacoby,

I have tested it on your site and found it was not working because your site was using the cached page if WP Super Cache plugin so i just cleared the cache from WP Super Cache plugin and it started working.

Also to resolve one issue i have changed the CSS code as following.

.site-navigation li:hover > ul.hidden {
    	display: block !important;
    	visibility: visible !important;
    }

Could you please test it now by clearing your browser cache?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Jacoby,

ok but I don't understand what clearing my browser cache has to do with other people who visit the site.

Browser cache caches frequently used CSS and images so your updated CSS doesn't work immediately until the browser cache gets cleared.

Is clearing the cache from WP Super Cache plugin something I am supposed to do frequently?

No. You should only do this when you make any changes in the HTML, CSS or javascript code of your site.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.