Updating Sites with The Hub

I'm having trouble using The Hub to update my growing list of sites. When I use the update all option at most only 1 site will get updated, the rest either come up with a failure message or the spinner just keep spinning until I hit cancel action. When I try to update sites individually, I might get one plugin or theme to update, but the management area will indicate that everything was updated (or it will contradict itself about that) and I have to leave the page to get it to reload with the correct data.

Could there be a conflict with the security plugins I'm using (iThemes, Sucuri, and WordFence)? What else could be causing the problem?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lorie,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Three most common causes of such issues would be:

1. a "maintenance/coming soon" plugin active on a site

These plugins very often return HTTP "temporarily unavailable" or "temporary redirect" status headers in addition to the "visual" message; Such status will cause out system to consider page unavailable (or redirected) just like it's intended by the plugin;

if "coming soon" or "maintenance" mode is set on any of these sites, try disabling it and see if it gets updated.

2. some access limits

That may be a server issue or a security plugin: blocking to many consecutive access attempts or some specific queries and/or user agents; in case of security plugins that's possible that they blocklist our servers automatically; again, it would be best to temporarily disable such plugins and see if that helps; if yes, we would then "dig deeper".

3. a slow server response

In some rare cases, if a server is overloaded or the site is very slow, a connection from our system to the site may timeout; our API waits I think up to 20 or 25 seconds so if API messages are not properly exchanged within that timeframe, update may fail.

That said, please review your sites against these issues and let me know about results. Then, if necessary, I'll investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.