Updating Theme without losing customization

Hello,

I'm having a few issues with my wordpress site and i'm assuming it's because i haven't updated the theme. Is there a way to update my theme without losing all of the customization on the site?

Looking forward to your response!

Charlene

• Nithin

Hi Charlene,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to update my theme without losing all of the customization on the site?

Is the customizations only related to CSS? or does it include many edits to it's templates, and PHP codes? If you had implemented these customization using a Child theme, all the customization would remain intact if your theme was updated.

If you customizations are only CSS changes, you could still create a child theme, and copy these CSS to the child themes, style.css. If that's not the case, and you have done a lot of customizations, I'm afraid there isn't any easy method, you might find the following article helpful in upgrading your theme:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upgrade-wordpress-themes-even-if-they-are-customized/

I hope this helps. Please let us know what all changes you have made in your theme, so that we could have a better idea about this. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.