Updating to Membership v2 Error

When I go to update to Membership v2, I get an error that states

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Metacrawl! Hope you're having a nice Friday.

Let's try an alternative installation method. Were you installing via our dashboard plugin? If so, let's try a different way.

1. Go to the Membership2 product page, and download a fresh copy of the plugin.
    2. Login to your WordPress dashboard, and go to Plugins > Add New > Upload plugin.
    3. Browse for the Membership .zip file you just downloaded, click open, and give WordPress a moment to upload and unzip the file into your plugins folder.
    4. If it's successful, you'll see a message asking if you want to activate the plugin.

If this method isn't successful, we'll install via FTP. Have you used FTP before? If not, I can give you more details, but if you have it's pretty straightforward:
    1. Login to your site with an FTP client like FileZilla.
    2. Unzip the Membership 2 .zip file you downloaded.
    3. Drag the "membership" folder you just unzipped to the wp-content/plugins/ directory for your site.
    4. Go to your plugins page when it finishes uploading (it might take a little while) and you should see Membership 2 in your list of installed plugins.

If you continue having issues downloading plugins or themes from our dashboard plugin, try the following steps:
    1. Clear your browser cache, cookies, and history.
    2. If you're using a caching plugin on your site, clear your site cache.
    3. Disable popup or ad blockers for your site.
    4. Try logging out and logging back into your WPMU dev account via the dashboard.

Hope this helps! I know this is a lot of lists, but one or more of these should get you going. :slight_smile:

Take care and have a great weekend!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.