Updating WPMU plug-ins - error

Hi
When trying to update the WPMU plug-in - we get an error "Could not find update source" -
any idea what is going on?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Larry Davis

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

If that's not possible for you, you can also update manually. :slight_smile: You can try manually installing latest version of WPMU DEV Dashboard via FTP and then try updating other plugins directly from Dashboard and see if it works after that?

You can download it from here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Larry Davis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you Milan-
    I have granted you access - again the site is ondemandjet.net.
    Let me know - I'm starting to use more of you plug-ins on more sites and we would like to be able to use the dashboard management and not have to manually up load updates.

Larry

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Larry Davis ,

Thanks for granting me staff access.

I took a look at your site and can confirm that issue is taking place there. However I am unable to replicate it on my sandbox site. We have came across issue with updates in the version of DEV Dashboard you are using in past. So would you please manually update your WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin once. ?

To do that, please

#1) Deactivate it first from Plugins > Installed > WPMU DEV Dashboard > Deactivate
    #2) Download its latest zip from here,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/
    #3) Navigate to /wp-content/plugins folder and replace folder named wpmudev-updates with the folder in the downloaded zip
    #4) Go back to Plugins > Installed > WPMU DEV Dashboard > Activate it again

Try to update other plugins and let me know how it goes.
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Larry Davis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Milan-
    Sorry for the long delay - I have been swamped just getting back to client site maintence
    - did exactly what you instructed - the Dev Dashboard plug-in updated fine - but none of the other plug-ins would update.
    the error now is : "Could not find update in transient, or filesystem permissions"

any further ideas

Thank you!
    Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.