Upfront and Upfront Builder

Hi,
I have created two new themes, in builder. Both of them are modifications of Spirit and Guilie themes. Then I saved and kept the names. Now I am looking at the theme installed, they dont show up as if they are not being recognized. Now the main issue is, what would happen if the themes have updates, would that override my custom changes? I did not custom change any of the css core, mainly design and layouts, pages, names..images. it is very important for the upgrade process not to break our modified themes. I am building more themes for a project and I need my changes not to break the original themes and be a smooth transition from one version of the theme to another.
builder.simpleweb.com
If you need username and logins, i can send privately. Also, website is not live, so you have to alter hostfiles. I have sent it to support privately in the past request.
Thanks

Rupok

Hi Francine,

they dont show up as if they are not being recognized

This is really weird and should not happen. I just edited one of our child themes in Builder in my test site, but I could find that theme in "Dashboard > Appearance > Themes" section and also in "Dashboard > Upfront > Builder" section. So I think this is your site specific issue.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I can see that Gilli and Issue themes are installed on your site but I can't find Spirit anywhere. Are you sure the theme is there in your "/wp-content/themes/" folder? Can you please confirm by logging in your server with any FTP application like Filezilla and checking in your "/wp-content/themes/" folder? If you find Spirit theme directory in your "themes" folder, then can you please try installing Spirit again through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and check what happens? Please let us know the result. That will facilitate the troubleshooting process.

what would happen if the themes have updates, would that override my custom changes?

If you don't change theme name, then I'm afraid, your custom changes will be gone with theme update. So I'll suggest you to change theme name to anything other than our Upfront Child Theme names. But changes made through Upfront *Editor* will stay as Editor only changes content, not theme elements like layouts.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Nithin

Hi Francine,

Hope you are doing good today.

I checked your website, and I could find Gillie, Issue, and Spirit themes in there, so I guess you must have figured it out. If you are looking to build websites from our existing themes, you'll have to make sure to edit the Theme Name, and change the folder name to that new name, so that the theme doesn't get overwritten when a new update comes.

You can make these changes via Upfront > Builder Page, when you hover over the theme, you'll see Edit Theme Info option.

You'll have to make use of FTP application to rename the folder name. From the above screenshot, making the mentioned edits will treat your theme as a new theme, and not as Panino.

Please check this link to know the difference between Upfront Editor, and Upfront Builder:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upfront-editor-versus-upfront-builder

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin