Upfront

How can in install the upfront theme on my website?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mario,

I h0pe you're well today and thank you for you question!

If you're referring to the wpmudev.mocking... website I can see that you already have an Upfront theme installed. Are you asking about editing/customizing the Spirit theme (does the "please hold on just a little bit more") message appear when you click "Upfront" link on your admin bar? Please advise.

If so, could you please grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look? To do so go to your dashboard's "WPMU Dev" -> "Support" page -> "Support" tab and click on a "Grant access" button. Please backup your site before and take a look at this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Mario,

I hope you're doing well today and I apologize for keeping you waiting all that time.

As for the "[please hold on just a little bit more]" message I found out that in most cases it stops showing after the complete reload of the page. I know this is not a solution though as it may sometimes cause the changes lost but you may try to simply make an insignificant change, reload the page while in "Upfront mode" and than try to save it again. If it works, you should be able to safely make another changes.

That being said, it turns out that it's some kind of an Upfront issue itself. Actually, our developers are working full steam ahead on Upfront update that will feature a lot of fixes and upgrades, so hopefully it will resolve the issue. I cannot give you any ETA on this but please keep an eye on this thread and on Upfront's update notices in your WPMU DEV dashboard.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Mario
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam

No I didn't

But what this did do is,

first my IP got blocked by the host provider
    then I got blocked by my ISP

so i deleted the entire sub domain and never tried there after as i was working on some clients projects and couldn't afford to be kicked out from either my HOST provider or ISP

I would love to go back, install & try out the UPFRONT feature but i am reluctant to do so in case i get blocked again

if you can let me know once the issues have been sorted out, i could try creating a sub domain & reinstalling the theme and have a go

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mario,

I'm sorry to keep you're waiting again, there's a lot going on. First of all, as I said before, our developers are working hard on the Upfront update that will fix most of the known issues. Yet, we'll have to wait a bit more for this.

And to be honest, I'm a bit lost now. Could you please explain what did you do that resulted in blocking your IP and blocking you by your ISP? I'd love to help you, however I'm don't see at the moment how Upfront installation could be relevant to IP blockade. Please advise.

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.