Upfront 1.3.1: Textbox Appearance Presets No Longer Showing On Website Frontend.

I think it's since the update to v1.3.1 but now the custom Textbox Appearance Presets I set up for certain paragraphs of text are no longer showing correctly on the Front-end view of the website.

They show as expected in Upfront editor, but on the actual site view, all custom styling is lost.

This also happens for some of the default presets. I tried changing one and it reverts to the default font specs for that preset's selected paragraph style.

Have cleared browser cache, reset Upfront's cache and tried in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, the correct styling just isn't coming through. Upfront's optimisations make no difference either.

I suspect a bug has crept in that isn't writing/rewriting the style in the css correctly.

Can anyone confirm?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey MrArtist,

I just tested L+S theme on my installation running 1.3.1 but couldn't replicate this issue, could you grant me support access to site in question so I could check it out?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Does it happen on any specific page or I can create new page for test and will be able to see it there as well?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi MrArtist,

Thanks for granting access, after some further investigation we found out that in "underline" preset the CSS was commented out, however it was not closed after the CSS and that caused the issue with CSS not loading properly.

Please check all your presets make sure that if you open comment with /* it is also closed at desired place with */, also check for any CSS code that doesn't have closing bracket } as this can cause issues as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• MrArtist

Many thanks for finding the problem although I have absolutely no idea how that happened with the "underline" preset - in fact to my knowledge I haven't touched that preset and I have no idea what it does.

I see there's another preset that says "underline tablet", again, trying it doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm puzzled as to how the css for "underline" became half-commented out in its css - it's nothing I knowingly did? But I'm curious as to why you've fully commented the css out rather than remove the extra /* ?

I have just uncommented that css for "underline" just for good measure, but can you explain what that preset is supposed to do and how to use it? It doesn't seem to alter anything when I try it.

Is there a tutorial on the presets anywhere, and how to properly utilise (tricks and tips) for the css editor?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi MrArtist,

Apologies for the delay here, I was away for the weekend, hope you enjoyed yours :slight_smile:

Underline preset is for heading titles and text elements that have H1 and one of those two presets selected will be underlined.

I'm puzzled as to how the css for "underline" became half-commented out in its css - it's nothing I knowingly did? But I'm curious as to why you've fully commented the css out rather than remove the extra /* ?

I don't know what happened there as by default the theme is not commented out, and why I just closed the comment is because you wanted that part to be commented out so I just closed it.

Presets are applied only to the element you select it for and each element can have only one preset selected.

For example, let's say you create two presets for your H1 elements, one will be to make the text bold and other one to make it italic.
    So you will have first preset named something like Bold H1and it will have this code:

h1 {
        font-weight: bold;
    }

And second one will be named Italic H1 and have this code:

h1 {
        font-style: italic;
    }

You can now select one of those presets to your text element and if it has H1 text it will apply above CSS.
    You can find some more info about this here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-custom-css/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.