upfront and multisite privacy not working

server: Centos 7, 4.7.3 wp, 7.1.3 php
Bare bones plugins: dashboard, hustle, multisite privacy, smartcrawl
Was creating a quick landing page site.

I was using another theme with multisite privacy and it was working fine.

I switched to upfront->gillie to get a different look and multisite privacy no longer worked.

I noticed that upfront seem to take away the selectable front page. Does upfront do some kind of intercept for the front page thus missing the multisite hooks ?

I did not have any cache active and when I switched back to the other theme multisite privacy worked fine again.

I was using incognito chrome and privacy ie and neither worked while using upfront with multisite privacy.

Don't ask for site it no longer is in that config. upfront is disabled. Can't use it if I can hide some development on sites.

thanks

• Sajid

Hello Lee,
    Hope you are doing good today

I am sorry for inconvenience that may cause by this issue. But I am unable to replicate this issue on my own test site. The site are being locked out of not logged in users according to my Privacy settings.

Do enabled settings in Network Wide or it is a site wide ?

Could please enable support staff access so I could further investigate this issue. To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Also, on a side note, Upfront have built-in maintenance mode that you can enable from WP Dashboard -> Upfront -> Site Maintenance.

Take care and look forward towards your response Lee

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Lee

1. Site no longer has upfront installed.

I tested it on my own site, not yours.

If you are still interested to use Upfront with MultiSites Privacy plugin then please create these enable both on your site so I could further investigate this issue. Since it your site specific.

2. How does upfront take control of front page? It was not set in settings->reading but was handling front page.

Yes, it display its own custom build home page template by default when you install an existing Upfront Child theme.

But if you want to use a different one, then you can easily change it from WP Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support